New RW8 files show as a folder instead of a file

Hi There, I used the link you provided and downloaded the file which opened as a prefpane which I dropped into preference panes. What do I need to do next? I also downloaded Macupdate Desk top but this doesn’t show RW also I can’t find a way of using this software to force RW to use the RW6 extension.

Thank you for your help so fare and IF you do have any further advice I would appreciate it.

Open the pref panel in the system preferences. There are six tabs on top of the window. Choose “Extensions” (5th). Click on it and be patient because the software looks for all the extensions it can find on your local drives. Then scroll the extensions list on the left until you fin rw8 (the list is alphabetical). Then select the application you want to associate to that extension (you should see only rapidweaver 8, I myself have two extra choices). You can check the path to your RW installation below the pop up menu. I chose also to check the box that say “override file creator”.
Normally this would be enough to make RW8 folders to act as good citizen bundle files.

1 Like

Thank you so much, that finally did the trick!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.