❗️New - Time Circles stack

Hi!
New Time Circles stack , countdown timer in the form of circles, with various settings.
https://goo.gl/mKimmP

timec-f

1 Like

Hi, it looks great but seems to gave scaling problems on mobile.

1 Like

Hmm, on my old iPhone and iPad everything is fine, nothing goes beyond the borders.

I see same in my responsive testing views.

Jannis, I tested in the emulator in RW 8.1, with different resolutions, everything was fine. And looking at the screenshots, this view appears on the Androyd.

iPhone and Safari:

It’s OK on my Huawei P20 in landscape mode but in portrait I get this:

Simulators/emulators are fine for development, but before deployment you really have to test on real world devices. This is the same for websites and stacks etc.

2 Likes

How interesting! Should I have all devices with different systems? In addition, these stacks are mostly good for desktops and tablets.
Look now, it should fit.

Looks the same to me. With a fixed canvas width of 565px (how it is now) this is what I see:

I changed the width to 98% and:

1 Like

@Wondrous I certainly don’t think you can rely on emulators. What you need in this case is a bit of code which splits the display into a single column below a certain break point. Your list of stacks displayed perfectly.

1 Like

It’s entirely up to you. One my desk I have a Mac (obviously), Windows in a VM (for testing in Edge/IE), an iPad, an iPhone, my regular Android phone and an Android tablet.

I jump into them periodically during development to ensure everything works, then check each page before final deployment. But you don’t have to, you can just trust emulators, I just choose not too.

Obviously having all these devices is no guarantee as it doesn’t factor in different OS versions and screen sizes, but it gets me 90% of the way there.

I wouldn’t have each time circle stack on small screens, it would take up far too much real estate, I’d drop the mili sec circle and stack them 2x.

1 Like

Time Circle stack updated.
Version 1.0.1 - Responsive improved.
https://goo.gl/mKimmP

1 Like

Resizing like that does the trick on my Anrogenoid (!) phone and it’s still quite big enough to see.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.