Paste as Plain Text bug?

A user just emailed me with an odd bug. They were pasting some text into a stack today using RapidWeaver’s “Paste As Plain Text” and every time they did the text came out as black text, overriding the stack’s color setting.

I took a closer look and discovered that when you use Paste As Plain Text in RW v8.1+ it seems that the text is getting wrapped in a <span> that sets an inline style that is setting the color to #000000.

I tried it in a Styled Text page, pasting in some text using Paste As Plain Text as well, and got the same results, so I suspect this is coming from RW itself:

The expected results would of course to have no span whatsoever around text that is pasted using the “Paste as Plain Text” as it defeats the purpose of “plain text.”

You can replicate it by copying come text and pasting it as “plain text” from the Edit menu into a Styled Text page. Switch to Preview Mode and then use the web inspector, as seen above, and you’ll notice the <span> wrapping the text.

2 Likes

I can replicate this as well.

1 Like
1 Like

here the same, I’m going crazy with the new demos of my themes!
seems to inherit a ghost style, the only way to recover the correct style is to paste the same text over another existing text.

1 Like

Just giving this a post a bump to make sure it wasn’t overlooked since I know there’s a lot going on. @dan @tpbradley

Yep, Just seen this bug myself. I’m having to pate any styled text into Coda app, then copy it from there as plain text to paste in with plain old CMD+V, so avoiding using “paste as plain text” or OPT+CMD + V

2 Likes