Plugins not appearing in Collections

@turtle and @nikf Well, no matter what I do, I just can’t get to add anything into any of the folders/favourites/etc - I just can’t do any work - I’m stuck. I want to be able to add third party stacks to my pages (it’s a RW5 converted project - so what’s there currently is inherited from there). Is this a global problem for everyone or is there a bug with my particular set up? I see that I can add already imported stacks to my page (which is something) but I can’t seem to add new ones. I’ve just purchased @willwood RefinedSlider and although you can see it HAS imported, it will not appear in the toolbox. see attached.

Advice much appreciated - as I need to get this in so I can proceed. :slight_smile:

@shaunspirit

You’re doing it wrong ;), to manage stacks into favourite categories do so through the YourHead Stacks plugin. What you are doing in the Manage Addons Window is strictly orienting stuff for yourself, does not transfer to the Stacks plugin.

HTH
Brad

I’m hoping I AM doing it wrong @Turtle - at least I’m in with a chance of getting this working then. I’m either super-thick or what is the YourHead stacks plugin. Is that part of the RW be default or do I need to get and install it?

@shaunspirit

YourHead Software Stacks

Please see image below for details…

Dark Purple highlight - Add Page Type (Do you see Stacks listed)? if not then you don’t have Stacks installed. Stacks by YourHead is THE manager for stacks inside RapidWeaver.

Light Purple highlight - If you have Stacks installed and can see Stacks as a page type then the represented icon for that page is as shown here (lego)

Red highlight - Library icon is for opening and closing YourHead Stacks Manager

Orange highlight - When you open the Library, it will say Stacks if you have Stacks installed

Yellow highlight - folders inside Stacks, the selected one you see in the image is for ALL, the one below that is for Partials, the one after that is Templates, the one after that is Favourites (heart), the one after that (star) is for Pre-installed stacks that come with Stacks, after that you see a bunch of file folders, those are MY unique folders for managing stacks by author or project or favourites or whatever, you can do the same.

Stacks 3.0.4 was released today, see link above.

Hope that helps
Brad

HTH
Brad

Thank you Brad, helpful. Mine is not looking the same as yours. See attached. I am in RW 6.3.7 (I think I have Stacks 3.0.2)
My ‘Stacks Manager’ just says ‘Stacks Elements’ and it has a different design layout and I don;t have the yellow highlighted column. I will download latest Stacks and see what happens.

1 Like

@shaunspirit, @isaiah

Looks like Stacks 2 or 2.5 or somewhere in between to me… Stacks 3.x looks like mine and is a paid upgrade I do believe.

If you click on the Gear icon on the bottom of Stack Elements You should be able to select pop-up (which is what you have), sidebar (Which mine is) or window - a floating window always open whereas the opoup disappears after you select a stack and drag it onto page.

HTH
Brad

INDEED! How have I gotten this far without anyone noticing I only had Stacks 2!!!??? Including me…
I have now purchased it - I think twice now (I’ve found another upgrade serial number). But who cares, I’m working!!!
Thank you so much for your patience and percverience Brad.

1 Like

@Turtle Top man! :slight_smile: thank you. I’m hitting the sack now.

1 Like

@shaunspirit

So you’re rocking for now? AWESOME!!!

Go get 'em… smooth sailing from here I suspect…

Brad

Indeed - painful but what a relief! Cheers Brad.

1 Like