Problem with software

why am I getting error message such as “Function session start…” when I try to collect data via a form? I am using Rapidweaver 7.

Here is the error message i get:
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/home/content/83/8366383/tmp/sess_a2ukvdsk680n7lonn1mcpgbpi2, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /home/content/83/8366383/html/optin/optin.php on line 3

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/83/8366383/html/optin/optin.php:3) in /home/content/83/8366383/html/optin/optin.php on line 3

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/content/83/8366383/html/optin/optin.php:3) in /home/content/83/8366383/html/optin/optin.php on line 3

Do you have a URL to share? And is there anything else on your page?

I feel like I’ve seen a similar error before and it had something to do with the order that things were happening on the page, but I’m grasping at straws a little bit…

Edit: There was a user on the forum that had the same error and his issue was fixed by upgrading his PHP version on his server. Another thing to check out… Site on Go Daddy displays errors on standard RW contact page

1 Like

I checked with go daddy. I need to put in my absolute hosting path (ht access file). Does anyone know where and how I can update my hosting path? The problem arose when they updated my server a few weeks ago. The contact form is not working without the new hosting path.

The path looks something like /home/content/83/83663…

Can anyone help me please?

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.