RapidWeaver 7.1 (18203b) UPDATE - Going public today! 👻

Hello again,

Here’s the latest build of RapidWeaver 7.1

This build should work much better as we’ve opted Stacks out of the new asynchronous export process. While this will make exporting Stacks pages slower, it will help with stability. Hopefully in at the near future, Stacks will be updated to take advantage of the asynchronous export process!

Important: We’ll be posting this beta build on the open forums later today for users to try out.
We want to get some more testers on this to make sure the underlying changes we’ve made are solid enough before pushing it out to all beta users later this week.

Download RapidWeaver 7.1 (18203b) here:
https://dl.devmate.com/com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver/18203b/1472029425/RapidWeaver-18203b.zip

As always if you find any bugs let us know and we’ll get it fixed up :slight_smile:

Happy Weaving!

Cheers,
Dan

Some plugins seem to work fine with async publishing. Others need some work before they’ll be able to.

do the allowsAsynchronousExport method work for all plugins or just some?

Seeing problems on more than a couple plugins? If so, which ones? Just curious so we’ll know in case people run into problems.

Blocks and Collage. Both have some trouble exporting images, but only if there are several of those pages in the document. I think the issue is very different than stacks tho. It might be that the different pages are overwriting each other’s exported images during export? I’ve only just begun to look into it.

I have run some tests on PlusKit it seems to work (i, know, right!?!) – but I haven’t done a whole lot of testing there – and the number of oddball use cases for PlusKit is pretty much infinite – so take that with a grain of salt. :wink:

I should have more concrete info by this evening.

Thanks. It is useful to know ahead of time what bugs could be potential problems so when people start with the emails we can be prepared for them.

yeah, sorry about that adam. trying to react as fast as i can to these new requirements.

on the bright side, i think i have a pretty straightforward workaround to force things to happen the old way – but it would require updates for all these plugins – which obviously isn’t going to happen by this afternoon. :stuck_out_tongue:

soon, tho. promise.

isaiah

Oh don’t take my earlier post wrong. I appreciate all you’re doing! Just want to make sure I’m informed and know what to look for. This RW release has potential to be great but it deals with RW’s core functionality so I can see ahead that there could be problems once it hits the greater public.

For some reason with this version, I cannot add more than 3 pages to a project. I get prompted to register. When I click register, nothing happens.