🌊 RapidWeaver 7.1 Beta Now Available

Hi Dan,

Stacks 3 is missing (see screenshots)

I moved from 7.0.4 to 7.1

Yes

Also a second try failed.

Best regards

Ronny

There was a recent update to Stacks 3, I’d guess that’s your problem? Download the latest version and that should fix it.

1 Like

I’ve just tried this version: Version 7.1.0 (18238b)

All seems to work fine except 2 things:

• not a complete export, but a semi-complete export it seems for the first go through
  • much more important, I still can’t preview pages with Sitelok

… I want to explain more about Sitelok: it comes as pure Sitelok but also with addons (a wee bit like RW). For most of my sites I use Sitelok plus their single sign on for Disqus. In turn this means I need to add this code to the header:

<?php sl_disqus(); ?>

So the regular Sitelok code does not seem to be the problem, but the little snippet above causes the problem. Specifically I get this message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function sl_disqus() in /private/var/folders/bj/_4hr08p945ldcgl0smrxdn1c0000gn/T/com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver/RapidWeaver/1507/document-0x7fe6f20e7da0/RWDocumentPagePreview/news/index.php on line 44

Possible for this to be fixed? If not, then I’m in the same old Sitelok issue of not being able to preview.

Hi Matthew,

There is an easy fix for that. Can you replace

<?php sl_disqus(); ?>

with

<?php if (function_exists('sl_disqus')) sl_disqus(); ?>

Basically in the RW7.1 preview they are not loading any PHP includes which is good as they won’t be found anyway. However that means that any functions in those includes are not found either now. The function_exists() call ensures the function is only called when it exists.

Thanks
Adrian (Vibralogix)

1 Like

Hi Adrian,

Does this mean that from now on all Sitelok functions will need such amendments to work in RW 7? I appreciate that this is not a problem of your making, but if this is the case then it is a huge pain. My site has many hundreds of pages and every page abounds with Sitelok-specific and other PHP code. The thought of poring over every page to amend every piece of PHP is horrendous. I have held off upgrading from RW6 to RW7 until the PHP preview issue is sorted, but perhaps it never will be?

Hi Mathew.

It should only affect actual function calls and not things like

<?php echo $slusername; ?>

for example which should work ok.

As far as I can see its going to affect

1. Pages that have forms on them (apart from the default login form)
  2. Pages that use <?php siteloklogout(); ?>
  3. Pages that use siteloklink()
  4. Pages using function like sl_ismemberof()

Perhaps Realmac see uses for PHP from plugins or stacks which is fine. In this case it seems logical to either

1. Only preview PHP from official RW plugins and ignore all other PHP
  2. Ignore errors from PHP

There seems to be no benefit from just trying to run all PHP.

1 Like

Thanks Adrian for clarifying that.

If Realmac cannot provide a way to simply ignore PHP code in RW 7 then it is a deal breaker for me. Not only does my site do all of the problem things you mentioned above, but I include external PHP code everywhere. It is just not possible to change this in a site of great complexity and size…

So I can I please petition Realmac yet again to provide a mechanism to ignore PHP code in a similar fashion to RW 6.

Regards,

Matthew

Thanks Adrian. That code snippet solved the problem for me!

Any word on when the 7.1 beta is going to be ready? Longing for Safari to update when I update my content without having to keep refreshing multiple times to see the updates and if they took. I think this is working better in 7.1 but not up for the ride on other issues that may arise from the beta as others have posted.

Hi All, i updated to RW 7.1 a few days ago, however when i run RW 7.1 today, it tells me i have the option to update to RW 7.1 , I have of course now selected to SKIP this update LOL.

Ah i just realised i might have the incorrect Build Number ???

Tim

It’s a new beta build of 7.1 - it contains more enhancments and fixes, I’d suggest updating.

OK @dan thanks

I know you are always asking for suggestions to improve RW from a users point of view, I would like the “Recent” list of opened files to be editable and perhaps better still when the project name is hovered over, how about a thumbnail of the Home page popping up ?

@dan i am confused even more now, the build number is the same. (edit :- of course it is different LOL)
Tim

18238b

and

18282b

are different, btw.

One of the great new features of this beta is the preference option to UNCHECK “render PHP on local preview”. This now takes care of all (that I’ve experienced) cases where PHP code inserted (for Sitelok or other) results in an error message and inability to preview a page. So now I have all the advantages of v7 without the big disadvantage introduced re: PHP and previews. And, since it’s a preference option, users can choose whatever is best for their particular situation.

Thanks for this change RealMac!

LOL, @LaPan you are spot on there buddy, the newer current build number is a lower number, praps that is what i meant to put down LOL

Anyway it still darn well crashes at various times.

Tim

Hi Dan… I apologize in advance for this question. I have been running our business site on Rapidweaver for many years and have been a very happy user (still am). I am still running on Rel 6 with a Foundation-based site and all is working very well. I am, of course, going to upgrade to Rel 7, but am trying to decide when (I went too early to 6 from 5 and ended up going back to 5 for about 2 months before moving to 6 due to a number of issues). I didn’t consider going to 7 with the initial release because I anticipated normal/reasonable shake out. Now that 7.1 is out, I am considering upgrading. As I have no immediate Rel 7-based requirements, should I wait for 7.1 to be general release (is it still beta)? One of our critical user functions is built around Joe’s Powergrid CSV… it was one of the reasons I had to restore Rel 5 after going to 6. Any thoughts/advise? Thank you!! Our site is www.danj.us

Hi Dan,

I guess, there is still a lot of work to do for you with Version 7.1.

Since I wrote, Stacks 3 is missing, nothing were changed. So I made yesterday my update from OS X 10.11 to macOS 10.12 Sierra. Ok - I thought, now I will make another try with an update to RW 7.1, because you wrote, it is Sierra ready.
But this is not true! First of all is, that I got the same error message, like before (Stack 3 is missing). Anyway - I switched back to 7.04 and what shall I say: Now more than 50% of the library is no more visible!
Now it’s the time for a faster support, because I cannot work now with Rapidweaver!!!
I am very excited about the real solution and like the Apple people say every-time: I can’t wait to see, what the developers do!

Thank’s for your rapidweaver support!

Mit freundlichem Gruß / Meilleures Salutations / Sincerely

Ronny Röske
Innovation PRAXIS ∙ ergonomisch sitzen
Back App Deutschland
Oldenburger Str. 241 - D - 26180 Rastede
Telefon : +49 441 4858369 - Telefax : +49 441 3045596
www.ergonomisch-sitzen.com http://www.ergonomisch-sitzen.com/ - info@ergonomisch-sitzen.com mailto:info@ergonomisch-sitzen.com

Could I just clarify your post @Mathew about the option to UNCHECK “render PHP on local preview”? Does this mean that I can get RW 7 to ignore ALL of my php code? Includes? Sitelok? PHP interspersed with HTML embedded on the page? etc? In other words, can I now use RW 7.1 like I can use RW 6.4?

Thanks for your comments…

@mdlong As far as I can tell the answer is “Yes”. Try it out and see. I’m being hesitant because I don’t use a ton of PHP. Mainly for Sitelok, maybe here and there for some other things. All I can tell you is when I use that UNCHECK option I could then view all my pages!

I’m sure that in one of the last couple of 7.1 Beta’s I could see my Sitelok form on the page in preview, this was a ‘fix’ as it wasn’t working previously. Now, if I uncheck “render PHP on local preview” I only see a border with nothing in it rather than the form itself - the rest of the page preview is OK. If I check the render PHP and preview, I get an error code.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function sl_contactformhead() in /private/var/folders/1x/01gcs83d70j2kfk955tvvq_00000gn/T/com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver/RapidWeaver/13185/document-0x6080003fdf00/RWDocumentPagePreview/rafars/Contact.php on line 43