šŸž RapidWeaver 7.2 Beta 3 (18443b)

RapidWeaver 7.2 (18443b) is outā€¦ right now!

This is a beta release of RapidWeaver, do not install this unless you are comfortable with using pre-release software. Please backup all of your project before using.

Check for updates if youā€™re already running a beta build or directly download it from here:
https://dl.devmate.com/com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver/18443b/1480524555/RapidWeaver-18443b.zip

Whatā€™s New in this beta?

• Re-written Theme Browser for improved performace and relaibility.
  • Fixed an issue where right-clicking in the sidebar would cause a crash.
  • Possible fix for a crash when closing a document.
  • Other minor fixes and tweaks.

Happy Wednesday Folks!

Cheers,
Dan

1 Like

Hi @dan, this build crashes every time it opens.

Loads and runs as expected for me. Please check that you donā€™t have any other Rapidweaver 7s running at the same time and maybe give your computer a restart and see what happens. If the issue continues, please email support@realmacsoftware.com with details

Woo hoo! So far so good.

I was experiencing many instant crashes when I tried to close a project window with command-W. No crashes so far.

In addition, for a long time I was experiencing a weird phenonmenon where the 2nd time I published (even one page with about 7 files to publish) RW would mysteriously publish about 180 files. Third, fourth, and beyond publishes were all fine. Very weird. That particular problem seems to also be fixed (fingers crossed).

Thanks!

@LaPan it was an old Theme Iā€™ve built in the past not finished that was crashing RW.

Thanks for the report @weaver

Well, I am at the stage of, so far, so good. After having a nightmare time with the last two betas, this one has allowed me to play catch-up and sort out my own 350 page site. I admit I stared at the upload, watching the files tick by and just waiting for it to crash, but it didnā€™t happen. I even managed to successfully duplicate a page and amend it.

I will wait until I have used it a bit more, before I give it the thumbs-up, but it is fine so far.

Oh, and @dan - the efforts of you and your team are much appreciated. Thanks.

Crashed as soon I open it
Restarted, DL again, different projects, no luck.

MacPro
OS 10.11.6
Memory 24 GB

I open it unchecking ā€œEnable Third-Party Themesā€ and it is working.
So it seems that there is al conflict with a theme.

No problem with version 7.1.7

OK, I think I isolated the problem. A couple of old thems that were left behind

whenever you bump into a crasher like that it would probably help RMS if you emailed the theme (or whatever) to them. they might not have a theme that causes this problem. with your help theyā€™ll be able to find and eliminate the bug quickly.

isaiah

1 Like

Okay, this beta does not fix this one weird problem. Thought it did initially but I was wrong. Aside from this issue all is working well for me for the past few days.

Crashes every single time I try to open it, sadly.

No clues really about whats wrong or what it may be objecting to apart from that its always thread 0 which crashes and the stack dump is the same each time.

Hi Stuart,
Try to open it with ā€œaltā€ key pressed, un-select ā€œEnable Third-Party Themeā€

@kryten - since several have pointed out theme issues ā€“ iā€™d recommend trying it without 3rd party themes temporarily. if that works, just add the ones back that you need to today.

isaiah

@peppermint @isaiah
Thanks gents. Yes, opening without 3rd party themes at least gets it up and running.
Iā€™ll see if I can narrow it down a bit furtherā€¦

Isaiahā€™s binary search method lead me to the culprit. An experimental theme I was testing something with (not a yuzoolthemes theme I have to add!) about a year ago. Issues in the info and theme plists, it seems. All good now.

2 Likes

As infoā€¦ Best version of 7 yet for me once project is loadedā€¦ lotā€™s fewer crashes. No real issues found yet. Waiting for project to open is pain thoughā€¦ things are a lot slower to actually get to ā€œeditā€ stage. (Slow open and then another long pause once the page to work on is selected.)

So, I spent about five or six hours in this beta last night working on a reasonably sized project ( > 30 pages ). I had to publish maybe three times during the session. Overall pretty happy with the build, it doesnā€™t seem to me to be much faster, but its a little less intrusive. I finished the session with a full publish ( > 1000 files ) and all was well.

Then this morning I open the MBP and review, only to notice that on a single page I missed the transparency for a background colour by 1% ( made it 51% instead of 50%), so I change it on that single stack on the single page. Result = All pages get a blue ā€˜changedā€™ dot and the publish sends just over 900 files.

Question: is this behaviour intentional?

I have had that behaviour with beta builds in the past (and beta builds for RW6 as well), but this build seems to be working well for me so far. The big test for me will be later today when I have to add duplicate a page on my main site. The last two betas have stopped me dead in my tracks when I try to do that. I have done it once, when this beta was released. Twice will suggest that things are moving in the right direction.

The ā€˜change allā€™ behaviour has seemed to be completely random when I have experienced it. I would be interested to hear if you were just to make a simple change again, whether it repeats the ā€˜change allā€™.