🐞 RapidWeaver 7.2 Beta 5 (18457b) [UPDATED with Beta 6]

Hey Weavers,

RapidWeaver 7.2 Beta 5 (18457b) is now avaiable. If you’ve been experiancing a crash on export/publish then this is the build for you.

This is a beta release of RapidWeaver, do not install this unless you are comfortable with using pre-release software. Please backup all of your project before using.

Check for updates if you’re already running a beta build or directly download it from here:
[REMOVED]

What’s New in this beta?

• Fixed a pesky crash that sometimes happened on export/ publish.

Happy Monday!

Cheers
Dan

UPDATE: 13th December

RapidWeaver 7.2 Beta 6 (18463b)

• Fixed an issue with control-clicking on themes in the rewritten theme picker
  • Fixed an issue with the %banner_path% macro outputting incorrect resource paths

Download Link: https://dl.devmate.com/com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver/18463b/1481647456/RapidWeaver-18463b.zip

2 Likes

Thanks for the update.
This latest beta (v5) hasn’t fixed the inability to Control Click on a theme to pull up the contextual menu.

I’m assuming this problem is not occurring on your Mac on anyone else’s or it would have been more widely reported so I’m wondering if it is only on my Mac?

My only solution is go back to v7.1.7 unless you can offer a workaround?

@Printdevil We’re still working on that issue. We’ll mention it in the release notes once it’s fixed.

1 Like

OK that’s great :+1:t2: thank you.

This beta hasn’t fix my blog publish problem. RW still exports and publish all files, again and again!
I have 3 projects with Blog/Podcast pages. Two of them working fine, only exporting und publishing the changes. The differenz is that the project with the problems starts with the Blogpage. In the two working projects the blogpage is the second page behind the Startpage. May be RW has problems when the blogpage is the startpage?

Pleased to report that it seems to have solved my publishing issue, for which many thanks!

Hi. It starts with El Capitan (Beta 3 did not) but the “Save as…” command of a freshly imported 7.0.4 project still brings a long term rotating ball and freezes the application.
“Save” and “Save as” commands of 7.1.7 projects work.

Another issue introduced (probably) with 7.1 is that RWML (tsooj stack) is not working anymore and the Armadillo Stack appears not able to work properly with the CSS from the main theme. These latter could be stacks related problems rather than RW related problems.

Can you send us the project that is re-publishing all files every time? Send it to: support@realmacsoftware.com and put the subject as ATTN: Dan (also link back to this thread and include your forum name).

We’ll look into getting it fixed.

1 Like

@sandokandrea can you send us the project with details of the issue. Send it to: support@realmacsoftware.com and put the subject as ATTN: Dan (also link back to this thread and include your forum name).

Hi Dan,

this is the project: (dropbox link per e-mail)
www.blumenhofer-acoustics.com

System description:
Mac Mini Server 2012
16GB Ram
2TB SSD Drive
27" and 19" monitors
El Capitan

The project 172-BHA runs flawlessly with RW 7.0.4
Migration to 7.1.7 and 7.2b5 works no problem

Saving or saving as in 7.1.7 and 7.2b5 no way: rotating rainbow ball

Further major problem (for me;-) :

• RWML Stack does not work with 7.1.7 and 7.2b5 (I’ve already told to Joost)
    @Joost: problem with RWML solved thank You for the new version

These flaws affect another big project as well, in the same way
www.cammino-hp.com

thank You and have a good day

Andrea

I use RWML with RW 7.1.7. It works perfectly. But you need to ask Joost to send you a link for his latest beta version.

New build, especially for: @Printdevil, @willwood, @jbob

RapidWeaver 7.2 Beta 6 (18463b)

• Fixed an issue with control-clicking on themes in the rewritten theme picker
  • Fixed an issue with the %banner_path% macro outputting incorrect resource paths

Download Link:
https://dl.devmate.com/com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver/18463b/1481647456/RapidWeaver-18463b.zip

FYI: Later this week we’re going to release RapdiWeaver 7.2, so if you notice any serious bugs or issues please let me know.

Cheers
Dan

1 Like

@dan I’m happy to report that control clicking a theme is back up and running!

Thanks for fixing that.

You mention about rebuilding the Theme Drawer in the 7.2 beta, is this just behind the scenes engineering or is there anything visually different about it?

Rewritten to fix some existing bugs, and for speed :slight_smile:

For those latecomers - i.e. me - who’ve only just jumped aboard the runaway train that is RW7, what’s the best way to move from build to the next?

Thanks.
P.S. I’m happy to report my initial simple test with a three page Armadillo site has worked well and published first time.

Rob

1 Like

Hi Dan

That build doesn’t fix it for me

Regards

Jol

@Rovertek: done! Now works perfectly (with a bit of work), it was a pluskit related issue…

Hi Dan, any chance that my problem is fixed with the release of RW 7.2?

After the upgrade to beta 5, I am not able to export and publish. When I try to publish I have immediately a crash (see image). The same with beta 6.

With beta 4 all was OK.