šŸŽ‰ RapidWeaver 7.2 Now Available!

i knew better then to install a new update - they always seem to have issues ā€¦ luckily i had a backup with the old version and backed out the new. i just donā€™t have time for this ā€¦

Iā€™m using this update with no issues that I can see so far. Publishing is fine. Not using PlusKit. Got rid of that before this update because I had too many problems.

I am unable to update - I get an error message saying I am running Rapidweaver from an optical drive or somesuch and to move my RW7 into the Applications folder. But it is in the Applications folder!

Itā€™s working nicely for me. Good update. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Update worked perfectly. Done quite a bit of work on a few sites and all seems to be working well. Still using OS X 10.11.6 Thanks.

1 Like

@dan Well, I finally took the leap to RW 7 and so far 7.2 seems remarkably stable and publishing is working fine. Great work and much appreciated! :smile:

I did notice one possible very minor but annoying little bug though - if an HTML5 audio stack is set to autoplay it of course starts to play in preview, but now in RW 7 it continues to play when I switch back to edit mode and as far as i can tell there is now way to stop it playing in edit mode - it will continue to play until you open a different page in preview. In RW 6 the audio would stop playing in edit mode. This happens with both JWā€™s HTML5 audio stack and Stacks4Stacksā€™ Playlister.

1 Like

@dan: Iā€™m happy!!! Finally!!! 7.2.1 solved my problem!!! On both project. It is a nice Christmas gift and I did not expect it. Thank You!!
ā€¦now some more testing on RapidBlog and RWML in this version and I can dump all older RW versions on my hard drive!!!

@isaiah: just tested RapidBlog works on 7.2.1!! Great!! Thanks a lot!
@Joost: time to transform those 400 pages I wrote You about!

@Joost, @isaiah, @dan, @Aaron: thank You all for the great work!

And to all the forums members: Have a merry Christmas and a wonderful 2017!

1 Like

Canā€™t publish to server now. I need to get my files published today! Any workarounds?

Edit: I see I can publish locally and then FTP the files but what a pain that is.

Is anyone having difficulty with the the Stacks Library in 7.2.1? When I select the library icon, it flashes for a second then closes ā€“ every time. Cannot get it to stay open long enough to read it or make a selection.

No problems with Library icon here. Works perfectly fine. My guess is this is due to some specific in your setup, but I have no idea what is causing this. You may want to get in touch with @isaiah directly. He likely wonā€™t help you today, but tomorrow onwards he can give you some good hints about what to do. He may already know about the problem with some folks. All I can say is it isnā€™t a general widespread problem.

uh I am running into problems with formloom3ā€¦ now my pages show me ā€œCREATED WITH DEMO VERSION OF FORMLOOM 3ā€ though itā€™s registred. Anybody else with same issue?

okay re-entered my register information and re-uploaded everything and it works againā€¦

Smooth and troublefree. Performance enhanced, indeed!

Whatā€™s new? Sierra 12.2, After upgrading from 7.1.7 do 7.2.1 My Stacks 2 are gone for good, the app kindly directs me to the download website where I can happily grab the Stacks 3 for $49.95. I tried to rollback from the backup, without any luck. This really annoys me. :confused:
best regards
Dominik

After upgrading to 7.2.1 the major problem has been solved: Iā€™ve been able to save the 7.0.4 migrated files.
Butā€¦ I was not able to export and publish the projects. It was OK, there was the possibility to make some further work, even if the publishing was postponed, probably to the next version.
Then I started the migration of the site to RWML 2.0b from some other undefined versions. This meant to move the RWML Entourage from the PlusKit version to the Partial version. Lot of work, but a paying off work.
Eventually some Global content could be transponed too, from Global Content to Partial and, after this further optimizationā€¦ by magicā€¦ the site exported and published!

Iā€™m happy. 7.2.1 is a great upgrade!!

Working well for me. Only issue is that PlusKit (used to import a Page Flux effect) wonā€™t render a blog and contact page in preview mode. Deleted and reentered the import code and the pages rendered perfectly, just without the Page Flux effect. Seems like v7.2 and PlusKit still donā€™t like to play together.

@dan Possible bug: I am not able to publish or export an Off-Site page. Everything else publishes fine, including other plug-in pages like Rapidbot and Sitemap and of course all my Stacks pages.

I tried turning off Minify CSS and Consolidate CSS, but it didnā€™t make a difference - still did not publish the page. Re-started RW but it still wouldnā€™t publish the Off-Site page.

This was odd: I noticed that at first the Off-Site page showed correctly as a blank page in edit mode, but a short while later when i switched back to edit mode for that page it was actually previewing the rendered page that it redirects to (Itā€™s a custom 404 page). Then when i tried to ā€œView Sourceā€ RW did not respond. Finally after previewing some other pages I was able to ā€œView Sourceā€ on the Off-Site page and copied the code into a text editor and published that page, which is now working fine as my Off-site page.

After Iā€™m done getting my site configured I will try adding another Off-Site page and see if that page will publish.

Edit: Just wanted to clarify that RW says that all files have been published and RW does not crash - it just never publishes the page.

Based on your report, just tested an offsite page to see what would happen. I export to the desktop, and then FTP. Mine worked fine:

http://www.pomelopress.com/blogtest/

Even more astonishingly, the version of my site that is currently up still uses the JW Tumblr stack. It is still working. Maybe Tumblr decided not to be so mean after all:

http://www.pomelopress.com/chit-chat/pomelog/

Thanks very much for letting me know itā€™s working for you. And you are using RW 7.2 as well?

I guess itā€™s something peculiar to my system, site or page. Iā€™ll have to dig deeper and see. This same configuration for the Off-Site page redirecting to a Custom 404 page worked fine on another site with RW6, so I am a bit puzzled.