RapidWeaver 8.1 Final Candidate 5 (Build 20536b) *UPDATED*

Hello Dear Weavers,

This build contains various important bug fixes and enhancements. I think this will be the final release of 8.1 - anything we missed will be added/fixed in 8.1.x and beyond.

Please keep the feedback coming, we’re working hard to make this the most stable version yet.

What’s New in 8.1 Final Candidate 5 (Build 20536b)?

• Made further changes to how RapidWeaver handles iCloud Drive files
  • Fixed a 404 error if all web icons were not filled
  • Fixed missing plugin placeholder messages
  • Fixed an issue with preview not updating when editing css files
  • Fixed an issue where alt tags were not being saved
  • Fixed some file sharing issues
  • Various other fixes

What’s New in RapidWeaver 8.1?

• Sandboxed!
  • Dark Mode for Mojave now supported
  • Added Amazon S3 as a Publishing Destination
  • Touch Bar support added
  • Added support for resizing the preview in the main window
  • Added support back in for copying a resources URL
  • Added a new drop down menu to the Simulator toolbar button
  • Added iPhone XS Max to the simulator window
  • Added an option to disable OpenGraph metatags on a per page basis
  • Add a new preference to disable UI sounds
  • Multiple selection is now supported in the Resources Browser
  • Resources can now be dragged from a child folder to the root resources folder
  • Source list layout is now restored between opens
  • Improved the handling of files in the Resources Manager
  • Files in the Resources Browser can now be renamed
  • Fixed an issue where the sitemap plugin and sitemap.xml was displayed and exported incorrectly
  • Fixed an issue with adding edited photos from the resources browser
  • Fixed an issue with resources not getting exported when previewing
  • Fixed an issue where RapidWeaver would appear to deadlock while opening projects
  • Fixed an issue where RapidWeaver would re-publish all files on every publish
  • Fixed an issue where RapidWeaver would get stuck looping between pages
  • Fixed an issue where the incorrect path would be used for social tags in the page header
  • Fixed an issue with multiple buy buttons showing
  • Removed the javascript that was removing line breaks from the Offroad theme
  • Fixed an issue where banner images wouldn’t show due to an issue with CSS consolidation
  • Fixed a naming issue with FontAwesome
  • Show Properties button in Blog now works correctly
  • Fixed various podcasting and channel issues within the Blog page
  • Fixed an issue with page styles being incorrectly applied to Master Styles
  • Fixed up an issue with the Addons Installer
  • Fixed up various crashes in the Photo Album Plugin
  • Fixed a crash when using “Reveal in Finder” and the resource cannot be found
  • Fixed up crash when using the link panel
  • Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur in the Snippets Window
  • Numerous other fixes and enhancements!

I understand that this is a non-final version and will probably contain bugs, but I would still like to download RapidWeaver 8.1 Final Candidate 5 (Build 20536b) – Link Removed, See below

UPDATE - 19th Dec 2018
If you experienced file issues with the last build please take this new version for a spin (20541b)
https://dl.devmate.com/com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver8/20541b/1545239476/RapidWeaver8-20541b.zip

Happy Weaving!

Cheers,

Dan

5 Likes

Did a quick pass through some basic tests:

• Stacks: :+1:
  • PlusKit: :+1:
  • SiteMap: :+1:
6 Likes

@Isaiah Awesome :smiley:

2 Likes

Has the issue with finding the files on initial opening been fixed yet, or am I just not doing it correctly. I am using 20502b. I get “This file uses multiple locations…” and when I try and choose location I get into an unending loop, despite my going to “Home” and the file location.

Thanks.

Actually, the latest is 20536b. The info is wrong in two places.

Fred

Now fixed.

Well, I can only guess I am doing something incorrectly as the same issue exists. I followed the required path as posted on another thread, going through the “Home” folder and then all the way to my desktop where I have the project in a folder. I can get all the way to the folder and then back to the same prompt to connect to the files. At least now it isn’t an unending loop and I can get out of it. Might it be that I need to go somewhere else rather than the folder I have created for each project I work on?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hey @Pete , can you confirm what version you are using please. If you’re not on build 20536b please download the latest version and try again.

Also, where are your files stored? Are they on iCloud Drive?

Cheers
Tom

This issue remains:

@therealmf, can you try removing your RapidWeaver preferences (close the app first) and see if the issue persists?

Thanks
Dan

Yes, 2053b and I have my files located on my desktop, no iCloud Drive. I have 3 projects and all are located in separate folders on the desktop. All three have the same issue where I can’t connect. RW8.1 v2053b is located in my Application Folder

Thanks.

Looks to me like publishing to S3 is broken in 20536b. RW crashes every time I try.

Hi,
working with the latest RW beta (20536b) since yesterday - now a document is not able to load the local fonts I put in resources. Relink is possible but does not fix the problem.
Get this error message (see screenshot).
I know that RW 8.1 had issues with being allowed to have access to![23|690x367]
files but it is not asking anymore about that…
and now it just does not export the resources (I export/republish all files locally and normally use ftp to upload or test)

Thanks for helping,
Tom

Thanks Dan, that seems to have solved the issue. I’ll keep trying a few more sites later.

Hey All,

If you experienced issues with the last build (i.e. project migration, file handling, etc) please take this new version for a spin (20541b):
https://dl.devmate.com/com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver8/20541b/1545239476/RapidWeaver8-20541b.zip

Cheers
Dan

1 Like

No change in the S3 publishing behavior. Still crashing when I try.

Hi all,
using build 20541b - still RW has no access to files (sorry - screenshot in german) - perhaps some german RW savvys can help ?
Danke,
Tom

Lösch mal die RW Preferences. Und anschließend repariere die Zugriffsrechte.

Never make your move too soon. Oops, it did it again. Even with the latest version…;(

Thanks Markus -
deleted the RW preferences and made a disc repair with Mac onboard repair utilities -
no change - only when opening RW8 it said copying the addons from RW 7 to 8.
Whatever - let the beta updates keep coming.
Thanks,
happy weaving,
Tom

Was hoping this beta version might have fixed the sandbox problem where you keep getting a popup stating that this document uses files in multiple locations. The software is in my application directory, the stacks and such are in iCloud and the the files, projects, exports are on a portable ssd. I go through the motions of choosing each of the roots of all three of those locations and still it asks me to choose.

I have some projects where it asked twice, once for the ssd and the other for the main hard drive home directory and all was well. One small project with only 5 pages would not open without this request so I made another project and copied the five pages over, re-entered all the particulars so it would export properly and haven’t had the request since.

I have another site which is very large, has four projects with 30 - 50 pages each. All the projects are locked into this please allow Rapidweaver to access your files.

I’ve found it very hard to see what the selling point of version 8 has been other than frustration!