RapidWeaver 8.1 Final Candidate 6 (Build 20560b)

I think I found a bug, actually a pretty nasty one. I have a site that is quite complex and includes a lot of stacks. I just had to make some minor changes and in the afternoon I had updated to Build 20560b. When I previewed or simulated or uploaded the page in question from that build, it was broken. The topbar disappeared, the Impact slides were no longer visible. I got error messages regarding the PopDrop stack that I am using. But since I had already been using this for months and not made any changes there I immediately thougt it must be something else.
Turns out that 2056b does not display nor upload the page properly (obviously it has difficulties creating the correct html code). But build 20541b does. I re-downloaded that version, opened it up from the finder, opened the project, preview worked, simulation worked and upload worked as well.
I guess @dan you will need the project file in order to check this. How can I send it to you and do you think you have all the stacks involved?

Not seeing that with any of my sites with Build 20560b.

Yesterday I was working on a client site and uploaded the latest version using Version 8.1 (20541b). I had no issues at all publishing.

This morning, using the same project file and publishing settings, this new Candidate 6 will not connect to my server. Switched back to Version 8.1 (20541b) and publishing works.

1 Like

Hi!

Dan, for some reason, in RW 8.1 the Preview is not working well. After the project is closed and if you open it again, the Preview (File - Preview page in… ⌥⌘P) does not work until you restart the program.

In this build again some kind of bug with the Resources window, when you open it, it immediately appears:
error

I can confirm the behavior noticed by @Wondrous. I typically just use command-P where there is no problem.

Thanks @Wondrous & @Mathew I have a fix for this in the next release

@NeilUK Can you try one more time with the latest build, also what type of connection do you have to your server?

@tpbradley I’ve just tested it again with the latest build. Same result: “Couldn’t sign in with your SFTP server”. I’m using SFTP with Public Key Authentication.

It’s the only way I can connect to my host, but up until this latest build, I’ve never had publishing issues.

@NeilUK Thanks, I’ve found the problem and I’ll get a fix in the next release

2 Likes

Having the same issues as @Wondrous. The difference between this build and the previous one is that most of the resources are now showing in the webpages, but not all of them, and still having issues with the app not finding its resources. Backpedalling to 8.0.3 is also no go. I hope and trust that these issues will be resolved very soon. In the interim, any suggestions as to a temporary solution would be most welcome.

No SFTP publishing, same as NeilUK. It worked previously - so @tpbradley thanks for looking into :slight_smile:

@therealmf Hey man, thanks for sending the project/addons. Unfortunately, I don’t think I can reproduce the problem (unless I’m looking at the wrong stack).

I’m guessing the missing stack is this nav bar?

No, that is a magellan navigation. The nav that was affected was the main nav on the site (Top Bar stack). The other stack that got lost was the Impact banner.

@therealmf Ok can you screenshot them just to make sure I get the right ones?

the one in the red frame is the main navigation.

@therealmf I’ve had another look and can replicate the problem in build 20541b as well as 20560b. Looks like the markup for the nav bar items is completely missing and it’s unlikely RW is causing this. It could be an issue with the stack itself or the Stacks plugin. Maybe get that sample project to Isaiah for analysis?

@tpbradley Tom, thanks for checking this. I don’t think it is related to anything else but the RW build since it works flawlessly in the others, also in 20560b. I think I’ll just leave that behind. Thanks for your efforts.

Any update on fixing this persistent issue?

1 Like

This appears to be a sitemap+ (YourHead) plugin issue. He has a fix in beta). If your getting this error and are NOT using sitemap+ then please reply here. If you’re using sitemap more info here (you can get the beta on @isaiah’s Slack channel:

1 Like

Yes, all of the things @teefers says!

Also: I would really appreciate any feedback.

After getting roughly a billion messages about this before releasing the beta it’s gone all quiet since. < cue scary music > maybe too quite :scream:

If you’ve seen this problem and use SiteMap+, just a :+1: or :-1: would be great info. If it does solve the issue for some folks, then I’ll push the fix out to everyone later this week.

Thanks!

Isaiah… I use Sitemap Plus to generate a simple alphabetical list of product for our store. Yes, it was broke. Good news… the Beta is working great, both within RW and “live” on site (the code is good). After dropping the beta into the addons folder RW did hang on RW start but I forced quit and it came up fine the second time and has been good since.

A big +1 and :+1: