RapidWeaver 8.1 Final Candidate!

Hey Weavers,

This is the Final Candidate version of RapidWeaver 8.1 - That basically means this version should be good enough to be released as the final version of RapidWeaver 8.1 :tada:

If you find any issues please report them here in this thread or email dan@realmacsoftware.com

What’s New in RapidWeaver 8.1?

• Sandboxed!
  • Dark Mode for Mojave now supported
  • Added Amazon S3 as a Publishing Destination
  • Touch Bar support added
  • Added support for resizing the preview in the main window
  • Added support back in for copying a resources URL
  • Added a new drop down menu to the Simulator toolbar button
  • Added iPhone XS Max to the simulator window
  • Added an option to disable OpenGraph metatags on a per page basis
  • Add a new preference to disable UI sounds
  • Multiple selection is now supported in the Resources Browser
  • Resources can now be dragged from a child folder to the root resources folder
  • Source list layout is now restored between opens
  • Improved the handling of files in the Resources Manager
  • Files in the Resources Browser can now be renamed
  • Fixed an issue where the sitemap plugin and sitemap.xml was displayed and exported incorrectly
  • Fixed an issue with adding edited photos from the resources browser
  • Fixed an issue with resources not getting exported when previewing
  • Fixed an issue where RapidWeaver would appear to deadlock while opening projects
  • Fixed an issue where RapidWeaver would re-publish all files on every publish
  • Fixed an issue where RapidWeaver would get stuck looping between pages
  • Fixed an issue where the incorrect path would be used for social tags in the page header
  • Fixed an issue with multiple buy buttons showing
  • Removed the javascript that was removing line breaks from the Offroad theme
  • Fixed an issue where banner images wouldn’t show due to an issue with CSS consolidation
  • Fixed a naming issue with FontAwesome
  • Show Properties button in Blog now works correctly
  • Fixed various podcasting and channel issues within the Blog page
  • Fixed an issue with page styles being incorrectly applied to Master Styles
  • Fixed up an issue with the Addons Installer
  • Fixed up various crashes in the Photo Album Plugin
  • Fixed a crash when using “Reveal in Finder” and the resource cannot be found
  • Fixed up crash when using the link panel
  • Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur in the Snippets Window
  • Numerous other fixes and enhancements!

I understand that this is a non-final version and will probably contain bugs, but I would still like to download RapidWeaver 8.1 Final Candidate (Build 20479b)

Happy Weaving,
Dan

6 Likes

Might have a look at this post:

The user just needs to choose his Home directory to allow RapidWeaver to locate the files. This is a new alert, and is part of our security (a.k.a sandboxing) work to get RapidWeaver 8 ready for the Mac App Store.

Thanks
Dan

Please, what is meant with “Home” directory?
Thanks for explaing,
Tom

I put the blog plugin through its paces, and all is working nicely. Much better experience over 8.1b3. Great job RM!

I’ve tried selecting home directory multiple times and I still get the warning. What do I need to do next?

What does, Sandboxed refer to?

And what does ‘Added an option to disable OpenGraph metatags on a per page basis’ mean? Like why is this an option or how is it useful?

Sorry for the stupid questions.

After closing the Resources window, the window with a suggestion to send an error report also continues to appear.

And it’s very inconvenient that the text area on the right sidebar (css and other) moves to the sides. The text moves to the sides and disappears from view. Please do as it was in RW6 and RW7.

Hello @dan, did you receive my email about the constant reloading of gridiron in RW8.1? It’s still not solved in the latest beta (20479b)

Still no support for favicons or pinned tab icons!!!

Are you sure?

It is available as a feature, but not available in reality!!! It is a fat bug, they should be aware of!

I’m not sure what the issue is. My published site with RW8 is showing all favicons and pinned tab correctly.

Hi @dan, I think this might be an issue in Dark Mode (publishing settings).

All caches deleted. Left Tab is preview of RW8, right tab is preview of RW7.

@thkl Can you send us your project so we can take a look? email it to dan@realmacsoftware.com (and mention this thread and/or the problem).

btw, have you tried a re-publish all files?

We’ll get that fixed up, thanks!

I have now republished all files with RW8. Favicons and pinned tab icons work as advertised. Funny thing is, they now show also up in preview mode in Safari. For myself this issue is now closed, it is up to you whether it is still an item to care about.

Can’t wait for Dark Mode : ]