RapidWeaver 8.1 Public Beta 9 (Build 20446b)

Hey Weavers,

Here’s the latest beta of RapidWeaver 8.1 - Please keep the feedback coming, it’s really helpful.

We’ve made some big under the hood changes to how file management works, this is part of our continued work towards getting RapidWeaver fully Sandboxed and onto the Mac App Store.

Make sure you back up any mission-critical projects before using them with this version, and yes, you can run this alongside other versions of RapidWeaver should you wish.

If you find any issues please report them here in this thread.

What’s New in 8.1 Beta 9 (Build 20446b )?

• Improved the handling of files in the Resources Manager
  • Added an option to disable OpenGraph metatags on a per page basis
  • Podcast Channel information in the blog page is now saved correctly
  • Sidebar images now save/load correctly
  • Fixed a bunch (and yes that’s a technical term) of Media Inspector issues

What’s New in 8.1?

• Sandboxed!
  • Dark Mode for Mojave now supported
  • Added Amazon S3 as a Publishing Destination
  • Touch Bar support added
  • Added support for resizing the preview in the main window
  • Added support back in for copying a resources URL
  • Added a new drop down menu to the Simulator toolbar button
  • Added iPhone XS Max to the simulator window
  • Added an option to disable OpenGraph metatags on a per page basis
  • Add a new preference to disable UI sounds
  • Multiple selection is now supported in the Resources Browser
  • Resources can now be dragged from a child folder to the root resources folder
  • Source list layout is now restored between opens
  • Improved the handling of files in the Resources Manager
  • Files in the Resources Browser can now be renamed
  • Fixed an issue where the sitemap plugin and sitemap.xml was displayed and exported incorrectly
  • Fixed an issue with adding edited photos from the resources browser
  • Fixed an issue with resources not getting exported when previewing
  • Fixed an issue where RapidWeaver would appear to deadlock while opening projects
  • Fixed an issue where RapidWeaver would re-publish all files on every publish
  • Fixed an issue where RapidWeaver would get stuck looping between pages
  • Fixed an issue where the incorrect path would be used for social tags in the page header
  • Fixed an issue with multiple buy buttons showing
  • Removed the javascript that was removing line breaks from the Offroad theme
  • Fixed an issue where banner images wouldn’t show due to an issue with CSS consolidation
  • Fixed a naming issue with FontAwesome
  • Show Properties button in Blog now works correctly
  • Fixed various podcasting and channel issues within the Blog page
  • Fixed an issue with page styles being incorrectly applied to Master Styles
  • Fixed up an issue with the Addons Installer
  • Fixed up various crashes in the Photo Album Plugin
  • Fixed a crash when using “Reveal in Finder” and the resource cannot be found
  • Fixed up crash when using the link panel
  • Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur in the Snippets Window
  • Numerous other fixes and enhancements to boring (or too secret to mention yet)
  • [DEV] Added a method to plugins to mark a page as changed without reloading the preview

I understand that this is a beta and will probably contain bugs, but I would still like to download RapidWeaver 8.1 beta 9 (Build 20446b)

If you do find an issue please report it here on this thread.

Happy Weaving!

3 Likes

Definitely recommend a backup before you try this Beta! - it broke lots of Resources for me - switched back to Beta 8 - all good now.

@DaveFox Can you send the file over to dan@realmacsoftware.com so we can take a look.

Not easily - I reverted back to B8 when I saw B9 had ‘lost’ all references in Resources - there was a dialog when I first started B9 saying it needed to re-reference all Resources which I accepted - Resources window then showed ‘missing assets’ for all files I’d referenced to Resources. I re-downloaded Beta 8 which I’ve had no problems with and re-installed and everything came back as normal. As I keep a daily backup of all sites on a separate drive I wasn’t too worried, just interested to see what B9 had to offer!

Anyone else having issues with this latest build?

Thanks
Dan

@dan Had a bit more time to play, re-installed B9 and used the 'pop up ’ warning to relink to a folder containing the project file and all resources used over the past couple of years. It found virtually all of them, just one or two missing - probably my fault for poor housekeeping!

Will continue to try B9 but have B8 just in case!

@dan Per this conversation: RW 8 crashes on closing projects

Beta 9 working fine but command-shift-K no longer works. Or using File > Publish Site menu option. In both cases nothing happens. (I wrote the program crashed, but in reality just nothing happens.) Publish button, however, works fine.

Thanks guys!

@Mathew I’ve identified the problem with the publish button, it’ll be fixed in the next release.

Cheers

Great! Thanks so much.

This version has not yet tried, but in the previous one there is a feature when, after several openings of the browser selection window to view, this window no longer opened. Everything worked again after restarting the program.

New beta is up here: RapidWeaver 8.1 Public Beta 10 (Build 20462b)

1 Like