🐞 RapidWeaver 8.2 Developer Beta 1

Hey RapidWeaver devs,

This build is just for you guys, it contains some nice fixes but does require some testing as we changed some pretty low level stuff regarding file handling.

It should all be good, but please back-up and proceed with caution as always.

What’s new in 8.2?

• Control + Left Click a resource in the resource browser now works correctly
  • Improved performance when accessing files, especially from remote drives
  • Fixed a crash in the crash reporter, and it does make you wonder if perhaps we need a crash reporter for the crash reporter.
  • Fixed an issue where preview would get stuck in an endless loop (or dare I say infinite loop).
  • Fixed an issue when saving with an image attachment in styled text areas would deadlock the app
  • Logging to the console has now been re-enabled

Download RapidWeaver 8.2 Developer Beta 1

If things aren’t working right, please post back here and let us know.

Have a super weavy weekend — Cheers!

4 Likes

I’ve been waiting for beta 2… preview is quite busted in this version. It worked every 3rd try or so…

Oh, this is news to us.

Anyone else seeing this issue? cc @Isaiah @Elixir @instacks @willwood etc…

Especially when the generation is taking longer, I am getting this page sometimes. Switching back to edit mode and preview again works in most of the times.

To be honest I’ve not had a moment to load this beta up and try it. I’ve been super busy with day-to-day work and IRL stuff.

@joeworkman @instacks This latest build of 8.2 should work better for you: https://dl.devmate.com/com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver8/20698b/1556033869/RapidWeaver8-20698b.zip

1 Like

It seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks!

1 Like

Super duper!