So this is it, we made it, I think…
RapidWeaver 8.0 the GM build is finally here, you’ll need to download this build using the link below, as it’s the GM and not on the beta feed: https://dl.devmate.com/com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver8/RapidWeaver8.zip
Lots of things have been fixed in this build so it’s worth putting it through it’s paces and seeing if you run into any issues. Especially when migrating older RW 6/7 projects.
This is the build we will release to the public unless you guys (or our beta testers find any issues).
If you do find an issue, please post it on this thread or email me directly - firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re aiming for launch within the next two weeks, I just need to nail down a date. I will post here as soon as we’ve set a date.
I finally I just wanted to say thank you for testing and helping us with RapidWeaver 8, I really appreciate it. You guys rock!
UPDATE: Aug 2nd
RapidWeaver 8 GM 2 (Build 19972) is now available with the following fixes:
- Now compatible with macOS 10.11 and newer
- Fixed a little issue with the resources browser
- Added a new API to help with migrating third-party plugin preferences
You can use the built-in update engine or re-download using the link above.
We have a few more bugs to fix, so typically you can expect a GM3 later in the week. If you come across any more issues please email email@example.com.
UPDATE: Aug 3nd
RapidWeaver 8 GM 3 Final Final Final (Build 19988) is now available with the following fixes:
- Pasting text into all code areas now works
- Fixed an issue with cache busting when publishing single pages
- Updates now work on 10.11
- Right-click on missing resources to re-link them
- Command-delete now works to delete resources
- View Source is now updated correctly
- Fixed an issue with some addons not migrating
- Fixed an issue where plugin preferences/registration was not migrated correctly
You can use the built-in update engine or re-download using the link all the way above (and you may need to do that if you’re on 10.11).
As far as we’re concerned this is the final GM release, this is the one we’ll ship…unless we find a show-stopping bug. Do email me, firstname.lastname@example.org if you find anything you think we need to fix asap.
All minor things we find will go into RapidWeaver 8.0.1, that will ship within a few days of launch — Upwards and onwards!