Rapidweaver Project Size

Those setting won’t effect a multiple project file setup. Though good practice would be to run with both on (my personal belief).

There is nothing special to do to run a multi project site other than to make sure you have your navigation working properly. Each project must have the actual pages or an offsite page for every page you want in your navigation menus.

For example, here is a screenshot of my “Store” project file. Note that “Home” and “Reports” (and their child pages which are on navigation dropdown) and Free eBooks, Free Videos, Friday News, Audio, and Church Dir. are all offsite pages that go to the “index” (navigation) page of that particular section.

Tthe only pages in this project file is the “Store” and “O Timothy” and associated store pages, though the menus will show and function as if the entire site was in this project file.

By the way… Offsite page plugin setup is a bit different between a Parent page and a child page. If you need specifics on this let me know.

Rapidweaver doesn’t really delete anything, so when you upload to your site everything just simply works. For example, the existing rw_common folder DOES NOT get replaced with one for this section only… the info for this section is ADDED TO the rw_common folder (if you know what that is.)

Yes, it is a pain sometimes copying partials, snippets, etc across 8 project files but when you have 1500 pages you have to do something like this. Benefits are that each project file contains only the plugins and partials needed for that section, thus things tend to load, run, and preview faster as opposed to one large site.

And if you lay your site out in a meaningful way… you can update only the part involved.

Of course, you MUST have good knowledge of what changes might affect the whole site vs. just the page or section you are working on.

But I find by far that most of my work affects single pages, thus I use single page publishing a LOT. Very, very rarely do I upload entire “sections” or the entire “site.”

Here the pic of my page pane: