Realmac's purpose?

While we’ve got Pandora’s Box open, and we’re fishing around in here, let me clarify a couple of things. For the most part I’m happy with RapidWeaver, as I’ve been an owner/user since v3.

At the same time I’ve also bought other RealMac titles because of my RW experience, but they’ve all just sort of evaporated or melted or disappeared for no apparent reason:

LittleSnapper, ButtonBuilder, Socialite, ThemeBuilder, Ember, Clear, Courier, and I’m sure there are more.

Oh yeah, Typed, a writing/blogging app. I really liked that one while it lasted.

I know LittleSnapper became Ember, but Ember went away. It’s not even listed on the RealMac web site anymore under products, but this thread popped up a few months ago: Help with Ember App Update

The RealMac wiki page is even more comprehensive. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Realmac_Software#Apps

Does anybody want to place a bet as to how much longer the image size reducing app Squash will stay under the RealMac roof? I’m sure it’s a good app–for now–but how much longer before it goes away or the support dwindles?

I’ve not bought Squash because of this reason, but I have bought every other RealMac title. I still use Clear near-daily on my iPhone. I think it’s fabulous.

Despite a perpetual history of inconsistency, the one consistency about RealMac is RapidWeaver. That’s got to be their bread and butter, because it’s the only app they still have, and if that is their bread and butter, why not explain it better without making us buy it all over again with the paid tutorials? Why not give us all tickets to get under the hood and maximize it’s potential?

If we do buy the tutorials, will those disappear too along with all other RealMac projects–with the exception of RapidWeaver?

Or is the revenue stream so poor at RealMac that the paid tutorials are now critical?