RSS Factory and other news feeds not working - help!

I’m not disagreeing with any of you (@Rovertek @dudeneyge @Nick)…

There are two ways I think a developer should go about it:

1. Fix it and communicate well what’s going on - e.g as we did with Feed here:
    Feed stack - Yuzool
    People are happy with that

OR

1. As all 3 of you said, communicate that “it’s no longer working, won’t be fixed, here’s the deadline to get something else in place and here are some alternatives x y z.”

As @joeworkman did with Tumblr, but also as @Doobox did with his RSS Factory.

I recall he sent out a newsletter shot around the time the news broke of Google announcing that their API would be discontinued (about 1 year ago). I don’t recall the exact wording but I’m sure he offered some alternatives and gave a 1 year runway to make changes. Joe was less fortunate and had to give 30 days, but a lead time is better than nothing so I don’t believe Doobox left anyone high and dry and did communicate the changes coming. Sorry you see it that way.

Can we just be positive and believe that nobody would want another’s work to suffer or lose face with a site going down and would work like the clappers to get something fixed if they could. That’s what we do we our addons and I know all developers have pride in their work and wouldn’t want anything different.

I’m sorry this situation happened to some of you and I’m sure it’s just a misunderstanding and mis-communication situation.

I hope everyone’s RSS feeds are now displaying well - if anyone wants help with it, just reach out to the community and someone will help.

Peace out :pray:

6 Likes