RW 8 Bug? - upon open, automatically updates date of addons folder AND RW files

I’ve noticed that now on RW 8, as soon as I open a file, my addons folder updates to that date and time. Should this be happening? Never happened on previous versions.

@dan @LaPan ? Curious to know if this is a bug or normal behavior?

1 Like

I just reproduced and verified this. As soon as you open rapidweaver the addons folder updates the modified date.

2 Likes

and… to add to that, my actual RW files are changing the date as soon as I open a file and don’t save anything. This is scary.

1 Like

@dan @simon @Aaron,

Just duplicated both these errors.

Any RW8 project file you this happens.

before:
2018-08-30_14-15-50
Open project in rapidWeaver, date stays the same. Close the file without change, or select don’t save:
2018-08-30_14-18-18
The last Mod date changes:
2018-08-30_14-17-34

3 Likes

Hi @LSPhoto and @teefers,

We’re looking into this and will keep you updated.

Cheers,

Simon

2 Likes

thanks, Simon :slight_smile:

We’ve found the cause - we’re saving the the state of the RapidWeaver project window (which page is selected, for example) when you close your project, so you can continue right from where you left off when the project is re-opened.

The next release will no longer update the modified date of your project - thanks for reporting it!

Cheers,

Simon

3 Likes

This should be fixed in the 8.1 beta, here:

Thanks again for letting us know about this!

1 Like

@simon
Just a note: 8.1 public beta won’t won’t work if the project being opened has “Auto Start Web server” advanced pref checked… refer to Tom Bradley’s reply here…
RapidWeaver 8.1 Public Beta 1

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.