RW7 old themes and addons

Unfortunately I do have the same issue.
No migration window was shown after installing RW7 and the option to copy the addons from within RW7 is greyed out as well!
Was hoping that this time the upgrading process would be much easier then the last time around, but guess thats not the case.
Please advice how we can solve this issue.

Hi Elliot,
my username is “Wolf”, my home folder is called “Steppenwolf”.

cheers,

Wolf

Seems different (if I understand what you mean), as “elliot” (username) and “elliot 1” (home folder).

I changed on my Macbook Pro just now to exactly match the username & home folder and it did unfortunately not make any difference at all. The option to copy the addons from RW6 is still greyed out and also a complete uninstall and reinstall of RW7 did not help the situation.

Same issue here!
No migration window and the option to copy the addons from within RW7 is greyed out!!

1 Like

@wrowolf, @frOM, @thomasinbkk

Very sorry about this guys—it’s something we’re looking into.

In the mean time, please try this to get up and running:

1. Open RapidWeaver 6, click on RapidWeaver 6 in the menu bar, hold down option and you should see “Manage Addons…” change to “Reveal Addons Folder”.

2. Click “Reveal Addons Folder” — it will open a Finder window.

3. Select everything in that Folder and copy it.

4. Open RapidWeaver 7, click on RapidWeaver 7 in the menu bar, hold down option and you should see “Manage Addons…” change to “Reveal Addons Folder”.

5. Click “Reveal Addons Folder” and paste in the Finder window that gets opened.

6. If you’re asked whether or not you want to “Replace”, click “Replace”.

7. Restart RapidWeaver 7 — all of your addons and themes should now be available to you in RapidWeaver 7.

Let me know if this works for you.

To help us find the root cause here, please can you go into RW6 and reveal the addons folder again, click on View then Show Path Bar in the Finder and send me the full path that is displayed at the bottom of the Finder window. For example, here’s mine:

Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,
—E

Hi @Machist,

If you could please follow the same steps I mentioned above to get you up and running with RW7, we will continue investigating and get a fix out as soon as possible.

Cheers,
—E

In RapidWeaver 7 the Addons folder doesn’t show. it seems it doesn’t exist.

Click “Reveal Addons Folder” and paste in the Finder window that gets opened.
In RW7 this not opens nothing… Maybe in that reason what frOM says: “In RapidWeaver 7 the Addons folder doesn’t show. it seems it doesn’t exist.”

That’s what I mean : clicking the “Reveal Addons Folder” opens nothing.

And when I look in the “Library/Containers/…” there is no “com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver7” folder.

I copy that “rapidveawer” folder manually here:
~/Library/Containers/com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver/Data/Library/Application Support/RapidWeaver
Now it works!

@frOM, @Machist, @thomasinbkk, @wrowolf

Right, this has all been very helpful and we now know what the issue is. There will be a new build of RW7 out with a fix soon.

In the mean time, once you have copied your RapidWeaver 6 addons, please open the Finder, click Go in the menu then Go To Folder… and paste the following:

~/Library/Containers/com.realmacsoftware.rapidweaver/Data/Library/Application Support/

If you see a folder there called “RapidWeaver”, open it. If not, create a folder named “RapidWeaver”. note: this is NOT the same as the “RapidWeaver 7” folder

Paste your RW6 addons into the “RapidWeaver” folder and restart RW7. You will now have all of your addons from RW6 in RW7.

Thank you again for your help and patience.

—E

Thanks very much. I will wait the new build since I am not in a hurry. RW6 still works very well.

1 Like

Thanks Elliot!

cheers,

Wolf

1 Like

I have the same problem.

Hi @nealt,

We already know what the issue is here and will get a fix out ASAP. If you don’t want to wait for the fix, you can follow these steps to do the transfer process manually: http://forums.realmacsoftware.com/t/rw7-old-themes-and-addons/7043/17?u=elliotekj

Cheers,
—E

7.0.1 — The importation worked. Thanks a lot.

Excellent, thanks for the confirmation @frOM! :smile:

—E

I also want to reconfirm that it worked. Thanks a lot for sorting this out so fast! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does this workaround also go for themes? I can’t seem to see any of my old themes that I used to use in R6 in R7?

I opened R6 but don’t see a ‘reveal addons’ option, only a ‘manage addons’ option.