SEO-Rx raises issues with themes and stacks

i generally don’t chat about beta releases on the forum. beta software has lots of temporary issues. and forum posts last a long time. people who find these posts later on can get sent off in unhelpful directions. i do chat with them in the normal place that i can’t link to from here. but if you follow me on twitter or read my blog you’re sure to see post about it.

but…

i just wanted to mention what we’ve done with image names in these latest beta releases. hopefully the info that i post here will be timeless and not specific to any temporary beta release:

1. we fixed a bug concerning image file names. Image stacks (the built-in kind) that have filename setting – in some cases those file names were not being honored. Now they are in all cases.

2. some 3rd party stacks will also see improved naming. in some cases 3rd party stacks use the dropped in image but then create other images based on it (usually to limit the size, or create a thumbnail, or a preview). in cases where the source image is from an Image stack and the user has provided a name for that Image stack and other images created from this image will inherit the name (but in a way that ensures each is unique).

Note: there are still other types of images, like those dropped into the sidebar. in those cases the 3rd party stack developer has complete control over naming (and alt tags and dimensions, etc.) – in those other cases we have no control of image names and thus the recent changes (or any changes i make) will not change names. in those cases you’ll probably won’t to encourage the specific developer to support user-specified names.

if you do have any other bug reports about the beta i’d be happy to chat about them on our chat channel, filed to our github bug-tracker and of course sent in to our support email. but i’d ask you not to post too many details about the beta on the forum for the reasons i mentioned above.

Isaiah