Stacks 3.6.6 not installing

Updated to the latest version of RW (8.1.6) and Stacks 3.6.6 but the latter will not install.

Is this an installer server issue?

Hope it corrects soon, I need to update a couple of sites.

Thanks.
Blessings,
—Mark

Download here: http://yourhead.com/stacks and reinstall.

Thanks.

Tried that but the same result, RW says Stacks is not installed and presents the update dialog.

Blessings,
—Mark

Tagging @isaiah

Here is an error code:

[NSNib _initWithNibNamed:bundle:options:] could not load the nibName: StacksMainView in bundle NSBundle </Users/Mark/Dropbox/RW Prefs/.Update Checker/275CCAA3-DF74-47EA-A06A-BD0BA26FD9FC/Stacks_3.6.6_4224/Stacks (4224) (4224) (4224).rapidweaverplugin> (loaded). We suspect this is caused by a plugin, please notify the developer of this problem.

Stacks (3.6.6) from YourHead Software

If the main nib can’t be loaded then something is very very wrong. My guess is that the Stack plugin file has been corrupted, mangled, or … (wild guess) it’s very very old.

In any case, I’d recommend downloading a fresh copy from Stacks 5 Plug-In

If that doesn’t seem to help, then I think I’d take a closer look at what other plugins and addons are installed. It may be that there is something else installed that is so old or so mangled that it is causing everything else to stop loading too.

Isaiah

I have downloaded a new version, disabled all the other plugins and Stacks in still not loaded.

I have never had a problem with Stacks or RW before, this started when I updated RW 8.1.6, and Stacks would not update through the updater. Each time RW restarted the updater presented the Stacks 3.6.6 again.

That finally stopped and Stacks is not loaded. See pict.

Thanks.
Blessings,
—Mark

This looks like Stacks (the plugin) is loaded, but the different stacks are not available.

Can you make a new project and select a pagetype Stacks and use one of the default stacks on it? E.g. the text stack, then make a screenshot again?

Good thought.

Yes, Stacks is loaded but none of the stacks I own are loading.

Nothing is changed in my set up except the updates above.

Blessings,
—Mark

If Stacks had suddenly become corrupt, perhaps your other addons have become corrupt as well? Perhaps it’s time to try restoring the rest from a backup? Or maybe even try re-downloading or re-installing some of them?

Even if that doesn’t solve the issue, it would be a good first step to eliminate.

But… I am very pleased you got passed that first nasty error message. That is definitely a big step in the right direction.

Isaiah

I restored RW and the RW Prefs from Time Machine and got back to previous RW 8.1.4 and Stacks 3.6.5 and everything on my system has been restored.

Not sure if 8.1.6 was a beta version, and I have turned off betas in RW for now.

I have hundreds of stacks and dozens of sites I need to maintain, this is a first time for me that RW has failed me. I will wait to hear if others have had a problem with these versions before I update again!

Thanks,
Blessings,
—Mark

Those problems that you were having were pretty severe.

I can’t say what caused it. But I can say that those are symptoms of hard drive problems – or larger issues related to macOS in general.

While it’s probably possible for RW or Stacks to corrupt all of those files, it’s extraordinarily unlikely. I have never seen anything like that happen in 14 years of building plugins for RapidWeaver.

I say this not as a way to deflect blame from myself – but as an encouragement to you to triple check your backups are working perfectly and keep your eye out for other file corruption issues.

Also to do a once-over of your RapidWeaver environment – look for anything that’s still out of whack: do you have multiple versions installed? do you have multiple add-ons folders confusing things? are any of the other files in the same area corrupted?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.