Tesla Theme - no scroll down (mobile devices)

hello, I’ve just created a website using the built in RW theme Tesla. When testing the website on a mobile device I’ve noticed that there the scroll down button is missing whereas the scroll up button still exists.

Since the Tesla theme is based on a big header image and the content starting below (hence the scroll down button that scrolls the page up in a way the menu is on top with the content below) this scroll down button is essential and yes it is essential on a mobile device too.

I’ve checked all the settings but I couldn’t find anything to turn it off and on. Is this intentionally done or is this a bug?

That appears to be a design part of the Tesla Theme. There is a media query set at max-width: 768px for #scroll_down_button that sets the display to none.
The Tesla Pro version seems to offer an option to hide or show.

Where can I find that setting in the theme? I assume that it is a CSS or JavaScript definition and maybe I can change this setting myself.

It is a CSS media query.

1. In RW8 locate the Tesla Theme.
  2. Right click and duplicate the Theme
    2019-03-04_10-55-47
  3. Give it a name
    2019-03-04_10-56-22
  4. Find the duplicate - right click and select show in finder
    2019-03-04_10-56-55
  5. You should see a listing like This
    2019-03-04_10-59-12
  6. under CSS folder in the Theme copy you should find a file called media_queries.css
  7. open this with a text editor such as vsCode, BBEdit etc.
    Search for #scroll_down_button. You should see this:
    2019-03-04_11-07-17
  8. Remove the #scroll_down_button and the comma on the line above
    should look like this:
    2019-03-04_11-08-10
  9. save the file and test.

I have not done the last step, so good luck.

2 Likes

thanks Doug
I have just searched that declaration in the local copy of my website and removed it. I’ve tested the website with a webbrowser by narrowing the window until I got the hamburger menu and yes the scroll_down_button stays there.
Modifying the theme within RW will follow next.

Again thank you for your help.
Ueli

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.