Hi there, I acquired long time ago from weaveraddons the Ultimate Gallery Stack. I use it on the website of my wife. She is a ceramist. Altough I keep asking for text she almost only give me photo’s. I decided some years ago to make albums with the categories of her work and used the Ultimate Warehouse Gallery. I choose this also for the square thumbs generated on the server, without handcoding. Maintenance is simple:
- with Mountainduck i have the warehouse-folders on my desktop
- items sold -> photo to the trash
- new items -> drag the new photo to the right folder
- open browser -> point to the changed menu-item -> wait 20 second and ready!
- and no rapidweaver opening
Recently she started a new line of dancing teapots and cups. Adding a new gallery is simple:
- adding a new folder with photo’s to the warehouse
- opening RW -> duplicate a gallery page -> change the url to the new folder -> upload to server
- open browser and open new menu-item
Here is the new item with her twisting teapots and cups (with ‘pas de deux’ and even ‘Sacre du printemps’):
I now get an warning from the provider of the website space, that they will be upgrading their php from 7.1 to 7.3 in the near future. I think the stack was originally build with php 5.
My question for this board: will this stack function after 7.3??? And do i have an alternative stack with the same ease of maintenance (just dragging photo’s in the finder) and square thumbs??? And more future-proof for the coming years.
greetings dirk vermeulen