Unable to get Total CMS working... looking for suggestions [SOLVED]

One more thought, what are the permissions set to on the cms-data folder(s)?

Good morning sir.

I don’t know that.

What should they be - and just as important - where do I find this information?

Thanks,

Sparky

mine are set to 755
do you have an ftp app? in transmit I can right click on a folder and select get info.
you should also be able to see in your Cpanel

Mine is set to 755 as well

Sparky

sent you a PM

and the rest of the 20 characters

Just reached out to the developer of the theme - maybe there is some weird and wacky obscure reason this CMS stack is incompatible with the theme that they are aware of…

ya never know…

Sparky

I thought you also tried it in foundation? No?

You are correct … (am I at 20 characters yet?) :smiley:

So you are only using this with basic Total CMS right now and this is not a blog issue, correct?!?

Send in a ticket to support@joeworkman.net The best thing to do is to include your project file (.rw file). Be sure you compress or zip it and more than likely it will be over 1MB so you will want to use a service like Droplr, Dropbox or something similar to host the file. Include a link to that file so we can download it.This way we can see how you have your setup for the project.

1 Like

Hi zeebe.

Sent in a link as requested.

Also - you are correct - just using Total CMS right now - may include a blog later - but will see how this plays out… :grin:

Thanks,

Sparky

I would love to know what the issue was when you get it going

Have an appointment right now, will look into it when I get back.

Just thought I’d update for those following and any future folks who may have this problem.

zeebe (aka Robert Ziebol) figured this out - way to go Team Joe Workman!!!

Turns out it was a setting in my “General Settings” (not Publishing Setting)

I had http:www.riksart.com.

Robert picked up on the fact that I had not included the “//” after the “http:”

I placed those “//” and voila!

Many thanks to all who participated - “swilliam” for all your suggestions and especially Robert - who hung in there and I’m certain logged quite a few hours on this.

Sparky

3 Likes