šŸ‘‹ Blogging with Stacks Plugin Power - Say hello to Poster Stack

Perhaps a naive question but can poster stack be used with Armadillo ?
For formatting Armadillo post in a grid format.
Thanks

I wouldnā€™t do that. Wouldnā€™t it be better to put Armadillo posts into columns itself?

Can this Poster stack show a full blog entry rather than an abbreviated version that the demos show please? Iā€™d like to take ownership of my Blogger blog and transfer it over to my own hosting company and this looks like it would be worth the pain and effort, but only if it will show a full blog entry.

Thanks

1 Like

Yes, that is possible. The demo shows the usage of summary content in list view. It is also possible to show the main content both in list as also in details view.

Perfect - thanks very much

1 Like

A great new project by @webdeer build around Poster Stack:

2 Likes

Not that there was anything wrong with Armadillo, but I will take a Stack over a web-based or plugin add on any day.

Iā€™m in the process of setting up a new blog using Poster Stack. So far @instacks has been great in responding to my questions and itā€™s easy to set up.

thank you!

2 Likes

Thanks @SteveB for your kind words :heart:

I really have to say that @webdeer 's RapidProject8 blow my socks off. Itā€™s great what Gary created there.

4 Likes

I purchased the Poster stack the other day, had a little play around with it earlier and I gotta say itā€™s pretty awesome. Great for a product catalogue too! Nice job @instacks

4 Likes

@SteveB I feel another project coming along! :grin:

1 Like

Are you able to show me an example ? i.e product catalog.
Thank you.

The product page at http://webdeersign.com/pr8demo1/products/ is one example of how you might use Poster to build a product or Catalogue page.

With Poster, you have complete control over what appears in the from end list of "products"and also the product details. You control the size of the Poster list items, and each Poster list item could just be an icon or just some text. You also control the number of items on each page.

The other thing about Poster that makes it perfect for a Catalogue is that it is easy to add, re-order, delete, copy items and the whole list of products adjusts itself.

3 Likes

@webdeer
Hi Gary, would like to know if this stack will work perfectly with Foundry.
Iā€™m not aware of any incompatibilities between the Poster stack and Foundry but maybe the only thing to keep in mind is that Adam does not include any styles for the RW Blog page as part of Foundry (most theme developers do include such styles; Foundry likely doesnā€™t have them because it is a ā€œblankā€ theme). So my question would this affect the Poster stack or not?
Cheers

NB. In my case itā€™s would be also for a catalogue page.

1 Like

Hi @TINO, Iā€™m using the Poster stack with Foundry and it works perfectly. There are at least 2 demos on the Poster stack website which use Foundry.

3 Likes

http://posterdemo.instacks.com/foundry/

Forgot to add a link. Just added it now :slight_smile:

1 Like

@TINO As others have confirmed, yes of course Poster works with Foundry.

If you were asking about the Project8, then although it is based on Foundation, there is actually very little Foundation used. You could for example, cut and paste the pages from P8 and replace the Foundation Image and Top Bar with the Foundry Image and Navigation. The stacks used within Poster are Paddy and BWD stacks which as far as I know work perfectly in Foundry.

3 Likes

I have today ā€˜complainedā€™ to Jannis of InStacks about calling ā€œPosterā€ something for bloggingā€¦it is like calling the Pope - a lay preacher, the Danube - a river, the Oktoberfest - a Monday night in the pub, the Mercedes F1 cars - quick Ubersā€¦

ā€œPosterā€ is truly AMAZING; I have about 20 or 30 Rapid Weaver sites and now each one needs re-writingā€¦but with ā€œPosterā€ that wonā€™t take long.

5 Likes

Hi SteveB,
Thank you for that.
Awesome

Today, I cracked a magic sales number. :tada: :fireworks: :confetti_ball: :heart: :thumbsup:

BTW: Version update 1.1.6 gives you a new layout option, a masonry like grid layout: http://posterdemo.instacks.com/parker/

One request: If you like Poster Stack, give it a thumbs up here, and if you have a little bit more time, a small review would be awesome!

Thanks to all of you!

8 Likes