👋 Blogging with Stacks Plugin Power - Say hello to Poster Stack

Is it possible to upload like any other blogs such as WordPress?
Or is it just a kind of stack that makes the blog-like layout in RW?

Poster allows you to create a blog layout in RapidWeaver and easily add blogs posts/articles. It won’t allow you to import anything from WordPress.

But with the Poster stack, who needs WP?

2 Likes

What I am worrying about is when I have tons of posts on my website.
What if I have 1000 posts on my site? I know there is a Pagination feature in Poster Stack…
However, Is it really easy to modify or delete one of the posts I’ve uploaded?
Should I have 1000 stacks of Poster in a single Stack page?

Yes, 1000 posts/stacks would be an issue.

1 Like

In the demo’s I can only see ‘ugly url’s’… e.g. http://posterdemo.instacks.com/foundation/?post=blog-post-title-4 Is it possible to have ‘pretty url’s’?

Excuse me, but this URL structure is the best you can get.

With a “pretty” URL structure, you might think of something like domain/page/blog-post-title-4. This is only possible if you have control over the .htaccess file on your server. Don’t know what that is? Exactly…

And, btw, Google or SEO doesn’t care about the URL structure. All blog entries are perfectly able to be indexed and crawled.

Sorry about my use of ‘ugly’ … as you say they are as pretty as they can get. Thanks for the explanation.

1 Like

@dps If you are worrying about having 1000 posts then you need to develop a system that can cope with this amount. This would be true of any blog and if you have 1000 posts then maybe you need to rethink the whole blog. Even if you created a post every day, then you would have 365 posts which would already be a huge number to mange - both for you and your target audience. You would have to have something incredibly interesting to be posting about every day (Not suggesting you don’t but just illustrating a point about large numbers and information management).

I think that for most “bloggers”, we all start off with the best intention of creating new posts frequently, but often the reality is that the number of posts trail off and the number of posts can be far lower than our original optimism suggested.

What you can do with Poster is manage the ever growing numbers of posts in exactly the way you want, and this is a really big feature of Poster. This would allow you to remove posts faster than any other system because the entire content is viewable in front of you in RW Edit mode. Poster also allows you to create a proper archive structure of posts in exactly the way you want. E.g. you could create a new RW page for each calendar year, tax year, leap year, etc and break your 1000’s of post into manageable chunks for the reader. Also don’t forget that Poster allows you navigate between posts like no other blog so it is designed to cope with large numbers of posts and make that experience as quick and easy for the reader.

Poster also allows you to take 100% control of your posts because they are all inside your RW Project so you don’t need to worry about a server crash, database crash or any server side issues. If you have a large number of posts, then Poster would be the easiest to backup under your total control.

PS I have no connection with inStacks but just continue to blown away with how clever the Poster stacks is.

4 Likes

@SteveB You can already enter what ever value you want such as 10px, 1em, 10%, etc. Just enter “10px” for 10 pixels and not just “10”. Bloody clever or what?

1 Like

Poster gets a huge thumbs up from me. I’m in the process of transferring my Blogger stack into Poster. 10 years of posts is a bit daunting, but already 2 years are completed. Jannis is most helpful and has responded to my issues and queries almost by return. I cannot recommend Poster more highly.:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Thanks @SteveB

I already did a lot of stacks, where you have been able to define a number only, and I got complaints to not support this or that.

As @webdeer already said, you are able to enter these CSS sizes already now into the input field. Maybe a bit more work for the end user, but at the end full power and control.

Cheers,
Jannis

Loving this stack. A real game changer.

A small suggestion. Would be nice if the default date when a new item was added was the current date/time. Or at least have one of those blog buttons that pastes in the current date/time.

2 Likes

Yeah. Wish to have that availability too…

I don’t suppose you could use more than one stack per page? I’m loving this for masonry columns, but I’d need more than one stack on certain pages.

Currently, only one visible Poster Stack per page is supported.
(Only exception: e.g. 2 Poster Stacks, where only one is showed via RWML stack as multi language version).

2 Likes

Hi SteveB,
Thank you for that.

What’s really needed rather urgently in my opinion, is a blog date archiving system which I understand is under development - apart from that it’s pretty near perfect.

3 Likes

Yes, several further improvements are in development currently :+1:

4 Likes

It’s a great little stack now, and going to be even better as it develops.

3 Likes

@grajay Good news: Poster Stack v1.2.0 now also contains a date archive (either yearly or monthly). See demo.

And @LSPhoto: I added an option to hide the title (by item) for you :slight_smile:

PS: Further reviews more than welcome :wink:

4 Likes