Website Review Videos - by Nick Cates

(Chet) #21

Ok, if you wish. I even wrote it all in English to make it easy on you. :wink:

Just a personal blog about being a husband/dad. Main goal is for a nice user experience as they’re reading the blog.

I also give you full permission to brag on the Writer theme… its so great to work with!

(Dave) #22

Just a quick note of thanks to Nick. As mentioned, he reviewed a site of mine that was about 99% complete, and scheduled to go live within a day or two. I was very happy with my work, as was/is my client.

Nick reviewed the site and brought up some things I hadn’t noticed or thought about (e.g, horizontal padding, sizes of some elements, use of color in specific areas, etc.). Nothing that would require a lot of effort on my part to refine. But, should I inform my client? I mean, after all, this is MY site - and the client seems very happy. Well, yes - I sent them the link to the video and they agreed. Nick’s points were not meant to detract from my efforts…but were there to make my effort even better.

And so, the release date has been pushed back by a few days. In the end, I, and my client, are benefiting.

So…many thanks, Nick!

(Konstantijn Van Calster) #23

Great concept :smiley:, I will pass some websites to review in another future occasion.

(Jan Fuellemann) #24

Hey, vielen Dank! :smiley:

(Nick Cates) #25

Yes, thanks Chet. I’ve made note :smile:

(Phil) #26

Would it be possible to include a brief review of the site on a mobile phone?

(Nick Cates) #27

Maybe in the future. Most likely mobile reveiws will be there own individual shows. I really want to keep these vids to about 3 minutes each :slight_smile:

(Nick Cates) #28

:tada: Thank you guys! I now have a custom YouTube domain:

(Nick Cates) #29

When you say “perform shows about English language”, I’m not exactly sure what that means.

What is the goal of your website? (I have not looked at it).

(Barrie McDermid) #30

Hi Nick, the goal of my business is to promote my business. I’m a singer/performer and an English teacher and my shows are about grammar and punctuation.

I’m one of those guys who has no design experience or coding knowledge and has just relied on Rapidweaver to get my online presence. I’m sure there will be a lot to criticise, but I have broad shoulders and am keen to learn.

(Nick Cates) #31

New website review, Beaufort Construction | Episode 006:

This site review was at the request of a fellow RapidWeaver user.

(Aaron Marquez) #32

@nickcates Once I apply all of your theory/tips to my current websites, I’ll have you review some of mine! :stuck_out_tongue:

(Nick Cates) #33

Bro I’d love to review any sites you make!