❔What do you want to see in RapidWeaver 8 and beyond?

If you ask me, what I’d really love to see is RW on iOS, that train is coming faster than what you think guys, anyways…

I know this has been said thousand times before but this core functionalities should be built in:

• Stacks
  • A theming framework be it Bootstrap or Foundation
  • Animations/Transitions
  • Powerful Blog engine
  • Macros, or some sort of automation

The way I see it those things should come default because otherwise is a pain for new comers just to get your head around on how the RW ecosystem works, then of course there is the investment, so far (and happily) I have spent a small fortune with RW, but I’m not sure if I want to do it again and again because is not just RW paid upgrades but most stacks get major updates often, which I totally understand and support, but that doesn’t take away the fact that it is just an expensive platform.

Lets take Blocs app as an example, comes with a layout engine (Stacks $50), Bootstrap (Foundry $85) That’s $80 for Blocs vs $235 for RW, that is if you don’t need a full blown CMS with blog, then the comparison would be Squarespace $216 a year vs $455 for RW + Total CMS + VPS. ~$374 The following years with upgrade pricing.

But setting pricing aside, a fully equipped RW copy with stacks and all, leaves less than half of my MacBook Pro’s 15" screen usable for building, everything is fighting for space.

Also I’d love being able to use the output code for many projects, but that’s just not an option right now, not because RW can’t do it, but because is just a messy code, it takes longer to clean than to remake the site on Webflow (which I also love) and export clean code.