What happened to "Preview" function?

I’m using Rw 7.1.7 and when I try to preview a page, It comes up with a window shown below;

But for some reason, it comes up with another window, informing me that it is doing the same thing to my home page!
I never wanted to preview my home page, just the sales & service page. What is maddening is that once it finishes ‘exporting’. (I just want to preview it not export it - Was never a problem in RW6!), it is stuck on the home page. I won’t let me preview the page I want. It keeps going back and exporting both pages but ends up previewing on my home page, which is not what I want. Please fix this!

I’m afraid this sounds like one of the many miscellaneous publishing/export problems with RW7.

Your best bet is to submit a crash report to RealMac with your OS version, RW version, steps that reproduce the problem etc. and see if they can troubleshoot you out of the problem.

Rob

I suspect this is a repeat-export issue I reported a while back. I know RMS has been working on it.

If it is, it’s related to a broken URL on that particular page. This could be from a missing resource on your site. An image that you’ve removed. Or any other type of published content.

If you can find the broken link/URL/content/resource and remove it temporarily it will likely work around the issue until it’s solved.

If you’re using Stacks it could also be related to a 3rd party stack doing something similar. You can try removing each stack on the page in turn (or in groups) to see if you can hunt it down.

Isaiah

Thanks All. I haven’t had time for forums or to bother tinkering around with RW7. I hadn’t realized RW7 was still riddled with so many issues. Guess I’ll have to go back to RW6.
sigh.