Which video editor?

(steve bee) #1

What are folk using for video editing?

For the little I do I’ve always used iMovie. It’s terrible, but I’ve got it and it eventually submits and does what you tell it. But thinking there must be better options out there.

What are people using?

The sort of thing I need to cropping/resizing, adding overlays and transitions, and outputting in various formats.

I tend to run most things thru Handbrake before final upload, so don\t need something that has clever output.

(Stuart Marshall) #2

I like Camtasia. Good for screen recording and for editing / annotating any video. and great output options.

(Mathew Mitchell) #3

I use ScreenFlow a lot. It’s built for shooting/editing screencasts. But it will obviously handle regular video as well.

On the Mac side there’s only two choices for screencasting: Camtasia and ScreenFlow. (I’m exaggerating, but there’s only two really great choices.)

I’m not sure there’s a lot of other great options out there for video editing aside from Final Cut Pro which is likely not the direction you want to go based on price and your modest demands.

Depending on your specific needs iMovie still may be the best choice.

(Doug Bennett) #4

Another vote for screenflow, all the rapidweaver videos from @ben are shot with it.

(Dominick Designs Websites & Tech Training Seminars LLC) #5

capto is a very good low-priced alternative and it’s on setapp along with Rapidweaver

(Joe Workman) #6

I use Screenflow as well… its an amazing piece of software.

(Jannis from inStacks Software) #7

Camtasia. So good, and so easy to use, for screencasts.

(system) #8

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.