Why have a lot of my blog images suddenly been resized to tiny thumbnails?

My blog site has seen upgrades from RW 4 to 5 to 6 to 7. I’ve been using it for years. I’m on 7.3.1 now. I’ve never seen this problem before. I have hundreds of blog posts with a ton of images. Suddenly, a lot of the images randomly have been resized. I always make my images 620 pixels wide. Here’s one for example. It’s suddenly been resized down to a tiny image.

Here’s what it looks like in Edit mode. My 620 pixel wide image is now a tiny thumbnail.

Here’s what it now looks like on the page. It’s suddenly been shrunk.

If I double click on the image and uncheck scale image, which is defaulted to 100%…

…it still looks small in Edit mode, but appears at the 100% size when published.

So what happened? The problem is completely random. These are posts that goes back years and years and have always been fine. Now all of a sudden, I have these scattered images throughout my blog posts that have suddenly shrunk down. Some posts it’s 1 or 2, others none, others all. It’s on .jpgs and .pngs.

I even restored the site from backup to a day previous to my last post and it’s still the same. I can’t figure it out.

Has any one seen this? Is this a bug, or is it something I did/changed?

Sorry about the multiple posts, but I’m getting an error that new users can only put one image in a post. Weird considering I’ve been here for a while.

Update.

It’s not just happening with posts that have previously been published. I just started working on a new post and it’s happening there too. jpgs and pngs randomly resize down to tiny thumbnails when dropped into the view. It’s not all of them. It appears to be random. I have to uncheck the scale 100% checkoff box and manually enter the proper dimensions.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

Looks like you guys are experiencing the same problem. Maybe @simon could take a look?

Same problem here. I made another post before I saw this one.

Thanks for reporting. It’s the same issue as: Now issues with RW 7.3.1 (18607)

We’re working on a fix right now, and we’ll have an update out shortly.

1 Like

Good to hear. Thanks.

Are the published images shrunk too? Has anyone tested? I’m afraid to try!

I’m afraid to hit publish now that I’ve found it. They appear shrunk in preview mode, so they’ll most likely be shrunk when published.

RapidWeaver 7.3.2 is now live, and should fix this issue. Please let me know how you get on.

2 Likes

Yep it’s fixed. I was scared! Thanks much.

2 Likes

It looks like new images that are added are OK, but some of the images in the last post that I was working on are still shrunk down. I rolled back to my backup from a few days ago and cut and pasted the new blog entry. Now everything is OK.

Thanks for the speedy fix.

1 Like

OK, so that’s fixed, but it’s back to uploading hundreds and hundreds of files from random pages, despite a one word change in a page that has nothing to do with what’s being uploaded.

It’s being worked on this a duplicate post