no matter how many times i try, i cannot get the blog to work. when i click the link in the list i get an error page. If i put the list on an existing site tab (all set to php and links for the items set) it doesn’t even show as clickable.
Probably need to load your project to the cloud so we can see and help you…
Don’t include passwords or publishing information…
Check your inspector setting and things routed to the right places…
Can you share your project via Elements Cloud and we can take a look and fix it up for you?
I’m having the same issue. I will post to the cloud. Thanks Ken. I add a page only the title is allowed to be entered. save seems to work. but nothing else..cannot add an image. I’m sure it is something I’m doing. I’m trying to use the online editor. I have a mix of in elements .md documents and online editor .md files. All are missing info.
Are you talking about online through the dashboard? Where only the title is showing?
i uploaded to the cloud through elements… i have tried to set it up two different ways: one on the blog tab (was trying to make it integrative) and separate articles page - no real design yet, just trying to get it to work.
There’s a little link icon - copy the address - and post if you want us to look…
oops! Sorry 'bout that:
elementsapp://downloadDocument/2m4QdWdFTcTb
That’s not enough information for him, probably.
- Click on the cloud icon in the upper left header area in Elements.
- Click on the Upload Project button.
- When that completes, click on the chain link icon in that little Cloud window, which copies the URL to the clipboard.
- Paste that URL in a message here. That will allow us helper folk to look at your Project, see what you’ve done, and help you get it working correctly.
i did that… message right above yours
It wasn’t there when I posted my message.
As to your page, you have the wrong links in two places. You’re mixing up linking to a page versus linking to the CMS:
- The Collection Component on the Articles page has to have Folder pointed to a CMS folder, not at page.
- The Item Component on the Article page has to point to a CMS folder, not a page.
When I correct those things, I get to the post:
i had them pointing to the folder inside the cms folder… what you wrote doesn’t make sense to me as i followed along the CMS setup video. Can you send screenshots of where you connected them?
the collection points here (which is what the video shows) and the post page points to the same place:
as i said, i followed the setup video, so I’m lost. That is the only place to put the cms and connected folders.
below is a screenshot from the setup video and it is the same place he linked:
i may have figured it out - it may be a php issue on my comp… i can’t find my server app… gonna reinstall and see
Could be lack of PHP, but I’d expect a very different error message if that were the case.
All I can say is that I ran your Project exactly as you uploaded it. When you click on a blog post, you get an error message instead of the post. I then looked at the link references, and they seemed wrong. When I established the correct link references, I got what I showed above, and the project seemed to work fine.


