Can no longer publish via rapid-weaver

Hi Rapidweaver People,

I can no longer upload to my website via Rapidweaver.

Rapidweaver publish/FTP last worked yesterday afternoon and then just stopped working. I have done all the things… I checked/reset all credentials, confirmed I have plenty of server space, I contacted and worked with my hosting company to extensively troubleshoot, etc and have found no issues outside of Rapidweaver. Additionally, I can successfully connect and upload to my website without issue via FileZilla.

Help! Please let me know how to fix this (so I don’t have to use FileZilla :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Shanti
my website is: newyorkedge.com
my system is: sonoma 14.2.1

Hi @ShantiR,

A quick couple of checks:

• Does RapidWeaver connect successfully when you click the ‘Test’ button in the publishing settings?
  • Does RapidWeaver upload files when you choose the slowest possible speed setting in the publishing settings?
  • Did your hoster recently switch to explicit FTPS?
  • Is your hoster by any chance GoDaddy or Host Europe, or a company owned by GoDaddy?

Cheers,
Erwin

Hi Erwin,

Thanks for the quick response! Here you go…
-Yes, Rapidweaver connects successfully when I click the test button
-No, my hoster didn’t change to FTPS… I did ask them
-No, my hoster is not GoDaddy or GoDaddy affiliated… it is network solutions

But yes, Rapidweaver does upload at the slowest possible speed… Thank you for this… it’s not something I had tried before your suggestion… but also it’s not something I can see doing on an ongoing basis… it took absolutely forever to upload. Any ideas/suggestions on why it only uploads on slowest speed and any ideas/suggestions on how to fix this so I can go back to fast uploads?

Thanks so much… any and all help is most welcome!

Thanks,
Shanti

Hi @ShantiR,

As standard, RapidWeaver opens multiple connections to a server and pushes multiple files to the server at once (to speed up the upload). If you set RapidWeaver to open more connections than your hoster allows, some hosters will block the upload entirely by not allowing connections from your IP address instead of just blocking the extra connections (which results in a different error).

Check with your hoster if they do indeed limit the number of simultaneous connections from a single IP address, and if so, how many simultaneous connections they do allow. Once you know that, you can set RapidWeaver to not open more than that number of connections and the error should go away.

Until you do, you can continue to use the slowest setting. This only opens one connection, like most FTP clients do too, and will always work.

Cheers,
Erwin