Can't do incremental update

I am running RapidWeaver 8.2.1 on macOS 10.14.6 on an iMac. I recently upgraded to RapidWeaver 8 (directly from RapidWeaver 5). Whenever I publish after a make changes, RapidWeaver uploads all files, not just the ones that have been changed.

That’s an ambitious upgrade, William. Well done :slight_smile:

Maybe you’d explain how you did it… moving of addons etc.

Did the upgrade go entirely without trouble?

How did you do it?

It went amazingly well. I installed RW8 and then simply dragged my rw5 file onto the RW8 app and it opened. There was a message asking if I wanted to upgrade. I clicked yes and RW8 created a .rw8 file. I then had to reinstall my add ons, which are just Stacks and Blocks. Nothing was lost.

However, something was lost in my post, so I am going to post the whole thing again. it should have said

I am running RapidWeaver 8.2.1 on macOS 10.14.6 on an iMac. I recently upgraded to RapidWeaver 8 (directly from RapidWeaver 5). Whenever I publish after I make changes, RapidWeaver uploads all files, not just the ones that have been changed.

William - well done; you were fortunate :slight_smile:

The 5 and 8 environments are very different. If you got all your add-ons brought over you did well. Their (preferred) location has actually changed twice between 5 and 8.

The first thing to try, I’d suggest, is to build a new test site from scratch. One page. Same publishing settings. Usual multiple files (.js, css, html etc) and see if the behavior persists.

In case your ‘real’ site is live, you can publish this test project/site to a hidden subdirectory.

And you’re sure that all your publishing settings and paths are 100% correct?

What’s your exact workflow when you (want to) publish only one file?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.