Can't save. Resource problem?

Hi. I have a site which I have been building for a while but is not yet published. I tried to save it before quitting this evening and I got a long and complicated reason for why it could not be saved. I have tried deleting elements in the resources folder and they will not delete. Nor will they be renamed. It is a conundrum and is causing me stress. I do not want to chance a quit as there is far too much work to ditch. Please, can anyone able to advise me on what to do?

Looks like a permission issue…try saving to the desktop.

Thanks Joe. It would not save to anywhere. I think it is solved however. I opened the rw8 package and was able to delete resources from there. Kept trying to save and another resource was identified. I ditched the resource and tried saving again and I was given a new resource ID to ditch. Worked my way through about 8 resources and eventually got it to say the rw8 file could not be saved because of a permissions shortfall. Checked permissions and they were good so tried Save As and it worked. Fingers crossed but no idea why it decided to stop working on such a fundamental level.

Maybe something @tpbradley could take a look at?

Hey @Drew,

You’re right, this is a fundamental problem and it’s not entirely clear from the error message what the cause is. Now that you’ve been able to save to a new document, I’d suggest rebooting your machine.

1. What version of macOS are you using?
  2. Do you have iCloud Desktop & Documents enabled?
  3. How much free space does your drive have?

Cheers
Tom

Hi Tom

Working back through, I think I can trace the trouble to a test change of theme. I got a warning about an illegal or no banner and reverted and I think it might have been this which precipitated trouble.

tpbradley
Tom Bradley
Realmac Developer

April 12

Hey @Drew,

You’re right, this is a fundamental problem and it’s not entirely clear from the error message what the cause is. Now that you’ve been able to save to a new document, I’d suggest rebooting your machine.

1. What version of macOS are you using?

1. Do you have iCloud Desktop & Documents enabled?

No

1. How much free space does your drive have?

1.01 TB

Rebooting now.

Thanks

Drew

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.