Cartloom in Germany?

Hi there. Is anybody using Cartloom in Germany? I would love to have a look at the way it is integrated regarding the legal requirements here… Thank you.

If you want to sell digital goods by download (most probably…), you have to take care about all the EU VAT regulations by yourself.

1 Like

Hi Jannis, as a Kleinunternehmer I currently do not have to at the moment. Let’s talk whenever I become rich :slight_smile:

Why do you think this Kleinunternehmer status is still valid when selling digital content to customers all over Europe?

Don’t forget you have to make tax statements with every EU country, and all have different revenue limits regarding this status (if even all have one).

The only sulution for you would be limiting your purchases to be done to German customers.

Not necessarily.

I do need a USt-Id if I want to sell to EU countries, but I am not Umsatzsteuerpflichtig as long as I do not purchase any items or services from these other countries using this USt-ID. I do sell services, not products. For EU countries, I have to sell to other companies, otherwise I would have to add Umsatzsteuer to my Rechnungen. In addition, for the small amount I do make, I do not have to do the Umsatzsteuervoranmeldung. The Umsatzsteuer-Jahreserklärung is sufficient.

The EU VAT problem has to be considered when selling digital products for download (Not services) to end-Users (B2C), regardless if you have a VAT ID or not.

If you sell services (most probably tailored), then I don’t get why using cartloom.

True for my website development.

Now I want to sell video renderings as a service. Which means the user selects a template and tells me to render his Logo and/or text using this template and tailored to his needs. I do that and send him the rendered file. Is this a service or already a digital product?

I would like to skip using a shop if possible…

Thanks for your input!

IMHO, this is a service. But as always best to check with an accountant :wink::+1:

1 Like

That depends. If you send the rendered file via email, it can be seen as a service. If the customer will download the files from a server or a website it can be seen as a download. Compare with the regulations for selling ebooks - that is a total mess. VATmess.

If want to sell goods yourself and not via payment provider you should contact a lawyer

2 Likes