CMS item pages: page title, meta description and canonical are the same for every item

Hi all,

I’m using the Elements CMS for a blog on my site (Elements version: 3.1.2). The item page works fine visually, but the SEO data is the same for every item:

  • Page title: with the Browser title field empty, every item gets the page Title (“Post”). The frontmatter docs say the item title is used as the default page title, but that doesn’t happen for me. Putting {{item.title}} in the Browser title field outputs it literally.
  • Meta description: every item gets the same page-level description. I’d expect the excerpt to be usable here.
  • Canonical: every item points to /post/ instead of /post/?item=.... So Google sees all articles as duplicates of the empty template page.

Example: {{item.title}} | Beter Presenteren

Is there a setting I’m missing, or is per-item SEO not supported yet? If not, is it on the roadmap? Without it, CMS blog posts can’t really be indexed separately.

Thanks!
Marcoen