CMS Online Image upload questions

I need a better understanding regarding loading images from CMS online.

First of all when I upload an image using the insert image icon at the top of the file page nothing shows up in the mark down file. (Should I be adding a location in the Front Mater Source input? ) A step-by-step sequence may be in order.

Also I note:

A normal upload of an image file e.g. named hero.jpg will be uploaded under CMS Online as a generated name like hero-662d8c981a65c.jpg.

From the bot: So the plain name is the human-friendly filename, like hero.jpg. The suffixed name is the stored upload result when the editor needs a unique, safe filename.

Purportedly this safe file name is stored "on the Server" according to manual docs. When I go into the elements web hosting server I don’t see where the generated name is located. (This may trail back to the Front Matter Source input question above.)

Nothing here is life or death. I am able to add markdown files in Elements.

Are you saying that when you upload an image via the Online Editor, it doesn’t get saved to the markdown file? Do you know if the file is uploaded to the server?

We add a unique id to the file name so that uploaded files don’t overwrite each other.

The uploaded file will be stored in whichever folder you uploaded to in the CMS Online Editor.