Has anyone else tried to use custom text shadows in the Text component? It seems to act very strangely and inconsistently (v3.1.2)
I am trying to add a white shadow effect to title text on a multi-coloured background to make it more legible. The default shadow is black so I changed the shadow colour to white. When the shadow locator is moved the (always dark) shadow animates in the control, but this has no effect on the edit view. If I add another shadow it defaults to black, and even when I change the colour to white the edit view still shows a black shadow (added in edit view but it still doesn’t animate), but preview (in Safari or Chrome) shows the shadows as white!
Adding and deleting shadows seems to change the edit view, but often doesn’t change the browser preview even after a refresh. Changes in the orientation of the shadows don’t always seem to propagate to the preview - that requires a restart of Elements. Colour setting also don’t seem to propagate sometimes - maybe setting changes are not marking the page as changed or sometime not persisting at all?
It’s all a bit random, and also very frustrating! I often can’t reproduce odd behaviour that I’ve just experienced! Even figuring out how the custom text shadow settings work in the first place is trial and error (no documentation help as far as I can see) - aside from the plus button for additional shadows, there is no indication that right-clicking on the resulting “circle” icons allows you to remove and/or change colour. To make matters worse the two numeric fields to the right of the control are missing their “x” and “y” labels (probably obscured by the control).