Database Connection

What I have always missed with Rapidweaver is the connection to databases. And I mean real databases with connected tables. So not just the display of one table.

There were some attempts with different stacks. But these could only display one table. This is definitely not a representation for a database. Real databases always have several linked tables. Helmuth Ritzer developed StackApps with which you could realise everything you wanted. Unfortunately, support ended with PHP 5.

In future, I would like to see complex functionality comparable to that of StackApps for Elements. It must be possible to insert your own SQL string for the query. The input must be able to contain Javascript and PHP components. I realise that such functionality cannot simply be clicked together. This requires some experience with database programming.

At the current state of development of Elements, such a thing is of course completely unrealistic. But in the future, such a database connection could become another killer feature. Or a third-party manufacturer could take on the topic.

If anyone is planning something like this, please feel free to contact me as a tester.

Hi Berthold, I don’t know for what purpose you are looking for the application, but I have attached a screen which I have currently made from a running project. Link: sam dot de/pro
It comes from a beta (July 2024) of ProGallery 4 - from stacks4stacks. Surely you know @willwood. I am currently using PG4 with the CSV Data Import - but the other interfaces are certainly also realized. I implement almost 1.000 images and 1.000 descriptions here and it works fantastically. @willwood can certainly help you here.
hope that helps you.

2 Likes

Hi Roger,

Thank you for the information. I have already contacted Will.

1 Like