Elements AI is launching next week 🤞

Hey Weavers, this is just a heads-up to let everyone know that we’re planning to release a new build of Elements next week with all the AI features enabled…

In the meantime if you’d like to learn more about how it all works, please check out the documentation below.

Let me know if you have any further questions after reading the docs, as we want to ensure everything is covered.

Cheers,
Dan & Team Elements

Nice job @dan I’m so excited for this!

I’ve been working toward taking a design, dropping it into Claude, and having it build out the pages in RWe. So far, I’ve got it understanding layouts and Globals while maintaining its own user manual as we refine the process.

I’ve also moved most of my SEO workflow into Claude and Airtable. With ChatGPT, we built a reusable CMS template and PHP helper that work across our projects. It displays Featured Articles, builds Markdown-driven category pages, serves articles at clean root-level URLs, and updates the Elements CMS blog sitemap to match.

Articles, categories, and featured selections are managed through the Markdown files—without rewriting the CMS code for each project.

This is exciting news. I am looking forward to using this new functionality. Great job!

@dan When I started by beta journey nearly 2 years ago I “dabbled” with playing with custom components and loved to see what boundaries I could push and I have a lot of them over time, most did not have the fields built in Elements on my “tool bar” but I learned how to change the code in the HRML Editor and add basic fields like images, colours etc.

Next week I am using ElemAIents and like in your last video you built a custom component, most probably in minutes where my cube took about two days months ago, I perfect my custom component and call it “WOW look what I can do now” save it and I’m very happy.

My question currently when I open my next project the components “disappear” so (maybe a product request) when building custom components in ElemAIents for use in numerous projects will I be able to save them in a “reusable folder” that appears in every new project or will I still have to “copy and paste” them.

If still copy and paste can I put in request for future that a “favourites” or “saved folder” could be added? TIA

Custom components cannot be updated, nor can their control be centralized, unlike standard components (those found in the store). If you want to share a custom component, you can only copy and paste it; if you modify or update it, you must paste the new version into your other projects as well (or paste the modified code into the editor), even if that component is shared via a common library (and in some cases, you lose the settings from the previous version).

This is the difference between a custom component and components available in the store.

What you can do instead is convert the custom component into a global; within that project, you’ll be able to edit it just once, and the changes will apply across all pages.

Thanks, I have put projects on here for over a year made of custom components and shared them free. I appreciate what you are saying and I am well aware of having to copy and paste etc. my comment was the ElemAIents version allows creation of custom component with relevant Elements controls in tool bar bu you have to do these individually as a set up in non AI version.
My comment about saving them to be used again in all projects therefore stands in new AI version as its an absolute pain to keep having to copy and paste and keep control of them.

Looking forward to this. I hope it can help me reformat my pages to fit well all the devices.

Good timing. I just finished up getting three apps ready for the Apple app store, which is way harder than it should be, so now am looking for my next big project. I’ve been waiting for the AI section to finalize before finishing my next site, so that’s where I’m headed next week with the AIElements.

Yes :+1: just submitted my golden gate version to app store also - will be fun to play with elements ai too - see what it can do….

So y’all are making apps in Elements!?

Yes and no - I’m making free components for people and making a trumpet app for the iPhone and Mac…

I am waiting to connect Perplexity to elements. Currently I let Perplexity create complete sites, forms and all, WCAG compliant, self-hosted and no third party dependence, SEO optimized, like https://schottland-hochzeit.com

But I have no immediate visual control, and changes need to be done by prompts. So the connection to Elements is the best of both worlds.

Can’t wait to start experimenting using the MCP server and AI. Perfect timing for me as I’ve just finished converting my old Classic site to Elements.

Still trying to get my head around all the different possibilities this potentially opens up. Things have moved on a lot since Rapidweaver 5!

This is a HUGE update! Excited to try things out!

Question for @dan :

Last week, your email said:

Today, when I try to add an API key, I see this:

I’m currently a “Plus” subscriber and don’t foresee upgrading since I’m just building for myself.

Did I miss something? Or is this a glitch?

Thanks

Mike

This was just a glitch, check for updates! Elements 3.0.16 fixes this :slight_smile:

Thanks @dan ! Confirming the update fixes it on my end.