Error message installing Cubecart

I am following the instructions on my host site (Machighway) for installing Cubecart but I get an error message which reads:
Installation cannot proceed because the following files already exist in the target folder :
files
index.php
Please delete these files or choose another folder.OR
Select the checkbox to overwrite all files and continue
As a novice to the shopping cart process, I don’t understand how I should proceed. Can anyone help please?

Hi, Marianne,

I think you could be better instructed in this matter by your host, rather than by members of this forum, who generally use RW add-ons as e-commerce solutions. Unless there is someone who happens to use Cubecart…

If ‘index.php’ already exists then overwriting it will mean you lose that page from your site and it will be replaced by Cubecart. If that is what you want, then you can go ahead and overwrite it. If that isn’t what you want, then you should create a new folder (for example “/store”).

So, I guess the first question is where are you installing it on your server? And where do you want it to go?

That’s just my general advice - I’d agree with Rob that either Cubcart support or your host (particularly if they already have installation instructions available) is the best route to go…

1 Like

That’s what I assumed Jason, but I thought I’d ask in case I’d misunderstood.
I have sought help from Machighway and (for the first time in n years, they weren’t able to help). Cubecart have suggested a manual install from their instructions rather than allowing Machighway to do it. Sounds reasonable!

Thanks both posters.

1 Like