Established wordpress site migrating to RW: SEO issues?

I have a client who has an old wordpress site and I’m moving it to a rapidweaver site.

This is an highly established site with very high local rankings.

the question arose: will this affect the SEO on site if it is moved to a different server?

Are there any other effects that may occur as a result of moving away from WordPress to RW?

As long as you use redirects in the .htaccess file to redirect old links to their new home you should not lose any SEO juice

1 Like

@swilliam thanks for the advice. So, the redirects have to be in the .htaccess file?

If I do the redirects via the cPanel redirect option (I think it’s a 304 permanent redirect), would that have the same effect?

CPanel, just puts them in the.htaccess for you.
Btw, you want a 301 permanent redirect.

2 Likes

In addition to setting up 301 redirects as @swilliam mentioned, I would keep the same keyword density in content, headings, meta + URLs. The order / layout can change, but the density shouldn’t.

Don’t expect a migration that keeps your rankings intact, they could easily drop 1-2 spots - but if done right, you’d quickly gain them back.

Hello Aaron,

so you are talking about on-stie SEO, correct? This means I should ensure that the images have alt tags and that the pages have nice titles etc…any other details I am missing? And this means that the off-site SEO is already in place and should not change?

Thanks for your support

That is correct. As mentioned, your ranking may fluctuate but that’s quite normal from what I’ve seen. If anything, it should improve.