Fancy helping test Squash 4.0? (Image Compression App)

Hi Everyone,

We’ve been working on Squash 4.0 and it would be great to get some fresh eyes on it and hear what works well (or what’s still missing). Whether you use Squash regularly or haven’t opened it in a while, your feedback would be really useful.

Beta testing is only open to users with an active Squash licence.

If you fancy giving it a try, reply below and let me know. We hope to be able to share more later this month :smiling_face:

Cheers,
Dan

Hi @dan - Yes, I use squash a lot and would like to try out the beta. :slightly_smiling_face:

Awesome, we’re just fixing up a few more things, but I think you’ll find the workflow in this version much more streamlined, there’s also a tonne more output options!

All my RWC and Elements photos are watermarked and compressed with Squash.

Hi @dan , I’ll give it a try out, I use it quite a bit and need to squash a whole bunch of images for a new website.

I am aware that AI can easily remove the watermark and the QR code. I might skip this in the future using Squash. @dan Waste of time or okey?

My take for awhile has been it is better to codify source/rights in the metadata for a file. Legitimate news/publishing organizations look at the metadata. Non-legitimate ones don’t, or if they do, they strip the metadata, which is a clear intentional violation when you find them. For registered Copyrighted works, if you can show that something was intentionally removed the burden of proof shifts to the defendant, and they’ll fail at that.
However, your intent here looks more like branding than ownership assertion. If you want to brand, by all means brand, though I’d recommend you think that through a little better, as what you have here is differed branding, not immediate.

It’s more for PR. I have seen my photos in TikTok videos and on Facebook. This way I get some recognition. @thominator It’s impossible to protect photos on the internet.

Very nice :+1: will upgrade… probably use it everyday or so…

I like to use Squash every now and then. So I’d definitely be interested in checking out version 4.

Oh, it’s possible to police unlicensed use of photos. However, it’s not worth the time and money if the photos aren’t registered first with the Copyright office, which is time consuming in and of itself.
Okay, so you’re trying to do branding. I’d argue that your watermark should be “Find more travel information and photos at…” I’d also police removal of that mark, as it’s an intentional act and you can force take-down because of that.

I would love to - can you squash movies now as well? I have been using Squash for a long time @dan

I am interested as I already have an earlier version and also JpegMiniPro

Hey @dan I use Squash and would love to test the new beta.