Fed up of paying for Adobe?

Just come across this which some might find very interesting especially if you want to save some money.

These guys have created a set of apps that replicate the Adobe suit using AI. The only downside is that they don’t (apparently) recognise native adobe formats. That said really impressive.

I only use the photography bundle from adobe so the sub isn’t that much so I’m not really in the market for moving but might be worth a try?

Crafting Apps: open-source creative tools — ArtCraft

Thanks for sharing @MarcL
I am a Lightroom user since the first version. This ones look impressive, I will try it out.

I’m to invested in LR with a massive catalog of images and would be way to much hassle to even think about moving to anything else (I should really but haven’t got the time to do it)

I was investigating doing the same to other apps I like to use often…

I’m sure you have enough credits left to clone Elements:-)

Hahahahahaha - wouldn’t attempt it…. :slight_smile:

You haven’t got enough credits on your mega account!

I did do a safari extension last night - took longer to test - code review - paperwork - screenshots… the programming took much less time….

I have used the Affinity suite for several years, Photo, Designer (vector), and Publisher (page layout). They were acquired by Canva last year. All in all, a very capable suite.

Yep got Affinity for vectors but seldom need it to be fair.

Read an article about the adobe copy - he said it would be a few months of development to gain parity with adobe

I read this same article. While it’s an ambitious project, a lot of users were reporting a lot of issues and things that didn’t work. Also the developer walked back his statements that it would gain full parity with Adobe’s products in a month. Seems they overhyped it just a tad.