Gallery html or php?

I have a html-page with a Gallery. It works fine, but Claude (free version) tells me I should perhaps change to .php - @dan

Claude writes: Elements flags that component as needing a PHP page, and the page currently publishes as index.html. I couldn’t find a docs page that explains why Gallery needs PHP, so I’m relying on the app’s own warning.

I think you need to change the file name to end in PHP here

Yes, I know. But why should I change? @dan

Hey @PLM

When adding a Gallery component onto the page, Elements will prompt you to change the page’s file extension to .php per the above video.

While the page may be working fine for you with an .html extension, it’s best to go with the recommended .php extension for compatibility and to make sure all the Gallery features work as expected.

Ok, thanks, but elements didn’t suggest anything when I added the Gallery. Newly made feature? I made the page many months ago.

I tested now on an other page and the pop-up warning comes up. Issue solved thanks to Claude and @differentdan

I think it was added not too long ago. I’d imagine you made the page before the feature was added.