How do I get h2 and h3 headings into the code of the source?

(Rolf Sattler) #1

There is a drop down menu at the bottom of the edit page left of the colour icon which contains Heading 1, 2, etc. Is this used to place headings into the code of the source. I selected a heading in the text and then clicked on Heading 2 in the dropdown menu, but that did not place h2 into the source. It only changed the colour of the heading, which I didn’t want.

(Doug Bennett) #2

It sounds like you are using styled text. I don’t know for sure but if I remember when you mark text it changes color in edit mode, did you try it in preview mode? I’m not at my computer right now so I can’t check it out.

(Greg Schneck) #3

It doesn’t put code in the source text that you will see but it does add the html code. Did you do a Preview after you selected the H2?

(Rolf Sattler) #4

It changes colour only in edit mode, not in preview. But my question is how to use that dropdown menu with the Heading 1, 2, 3, etc. for creating H2,3 titles in the source code. I used it and it worked, but now I got the H2 and H3 titles added on at the bottom of my published site. How do I get that off?

(Rolf Sattler) #5

Yes I did and the problem is that the H2 and H3 titles appeared at the bottom of my published site. How do I get that off?

(Doug Bennett) #6

Not sure I understand what you want here. Do you want to remove the h1 h2 text you just set? Or maybe you could give us a URL to you published site so we can see what you are talking about.

(Rolf Sattler) #7

Thank you Doug. I found the solution.