Introducing CalcStack - interactive calculators for your websites

Thank you all for the really positive feedback about the new CalcStack. I can’t believe how many copies have been sold when I logged in and checked the stats at the weekend - I nearly fell backwards off my chair!

A few feature requests were received by email, and I’m happy to report that every single one has been incorporated into the 1.1.0 free update going out tonight, together with a couple of other useful changes…

CalcStack 1.1.0

• Warning messages are now clearly displayed in edit mode, if form inputs have no name attributes provided
  • Continued improvements and easier integration with FormsPlus
  • The range slider now supports negative numbers (e.g. -17) and decimalised steps (e.g. 0.25, 0.50)
  • You can now customise the width of the range legends (green value balloons) in the CalcStack style settings
  • Added the ability to have CalcStack ‘write’ calculated answers into other parts of the page, including blocks of text, link buttons and other input boxes. See the website for further setup details about this
  • Support for optional sound effects (like clicks), for when calculation inputs are changed by the end user - the sustainable transport infographic example on the website demonstrates this nicely
  • New advanced option to have number input boxes automatically focused (selected) on click, for better accessibility and less clicking
  • A couple of other minor changes to the underlying source code

I don’t normally post details of minor ‘point’ release updates on these forums, but thought I would on this occasion to demonstrate that this stack is actively being developed and is evolving all the time.

6 Likes